Need fish stocking ideas for IM 25 Lagoon

reefiniteasy

Check me out on IG!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So I’m starting up a softie only tank and I need to figure out what fish to put in the tank. No Clownfish, Carpenter’s Flasher wrasse, or Royal Gramma as these are in my other tank. I was thinking Flame Hawkfish, some variety of goby, but I’m not really sure. If you have ideas, please share.

Last edited:
OP
OP
reefiniteasy

reefiniteasy

Check me out on IG!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Any idea on the best way to qt and introduce the dottyback? Tried a neon the last round of qt and TSA graciously took it back bc it wasn’t playing nice in qt.

i cant think

Wrasse Addict
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So I’m starting up a softie only tank and I need to figure out what fish to put in the tank. No Clownfish, Carpenter’s Flasher wrasse, or Royal Gramma as these are in my other tank. I was thinking Flame Hawkfish, some variety of goby, but I’m not really sure. If you have ideas, please share.
I’d go for a group of gobies personally. But I have a weak spot for gobies (I refuse to call it an addiction yet).

Id look into Escenius pulcher if you want something unusual for a Blenny. Or even look into atrosalarius fuscus, this is the species in the photo below which is called the Brown Coral Blenny.
E5CE2B3F-1045-4544-A5CF-F89275F656E6.jpeg

adittam

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Definitely get a bicolor or tailspot blenny. They're so fun to watch, perching on the rocks and scooting around the tank from cave to cave, always looking out at their surroundings. Nice and peaceful with other fish as well.

OP
OP
reefiniteasy

reefiniteasy

Check me out on IG!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Flame hawkfish, goby, dottyback, small blenny, blue devil damsel, etc.

My girls want a Flame Hawkfish. Every time we go into Living Reef Orlando, they love watching the hop around on the rocks. However, would this constantly upset zoas in a zoa garden. Would a dottyback, either neon or orchid, get along with the Hawkfish?

i cant think

Wrasse Addict
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My girls want a Flame Hawkfish. Every time we go into Living Reef Orlando, they love watching the hop around on the rocks. However, would this constantly upset zoas in a zoa garden. Would a dottyback, either neon or orchid, get along with the Hawkfish?
The Hawkfish should get along with a dottyback - Orchids are the calmest of them so I’d personally go for an orchid over a neon.
for these you’d need a slightly thicker sandbed (Id say minimum of 2”). You’d also need to stabilise the rock structure so the Jawfish could burrow and not have it all collapse - Best way to avoid it collapsing is having the rocks touch the very bottom of the tank.

blaxsun

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
They usually prefer rocks over zoas (I have several large zoa colonies and the hawkfish has never bothered them). A dottyback or royal gramma would get along fine with the hawkfish.

Back