NEED HELP ~ ARE THESE TERMITES OR ALGAE?

FreeTuneUpp

New Member
View Badges
Joined
Sep 18, 2022
Messages
2
Reaction score
0
Location
Phoenix
What state or country do you live in
Arizona
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My house is in semi-desert near Phoenix, AZ, but in an HOA community (plenty of population). I keep all my bathrooms perfectly clean; however, yesteday in the lower GUEST bathroom which is almost never use I saw a two inch line of brown "stuff" (NOT manure!!!) about 1/16th inch wide. When I tried to clean it up it fell into mini-granules. I got it perfectly cleaned.

Today it was there again only not as long (see photo). I unscrewed the plactic nut cover on the right side of toilet base and the metal washer under it left a tiny part exposed from the base of the toilet where there is a rectangular opening about 1'4" by 3'4". Inside below was a mass of the same brown growth.

WHAT IS IT? Could it be termites? If I call aTermite company they will for sure say "YES" so they can charge me.

When I do a Google search the nearest ID that comes up is HASH!!!

Thanks for your help!

INSECTS ENLARGED_CORPPED.jpg
 
Regardless a pest company would be the best option. Pic is too blurry to identify either way.
 
If you had pictures of the bugs could tell you. With that picture it could be termite damage or boards that are badly dry rotted and are falling apart by any vibrations. If no bugs there I would get a company in to inspect home they could be in walls or anywhere now if its termites.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE BIGGEST REASON YOU ATTEND A FRAG SWAP?

  • Finding unusual or hard-to-find corals

    Votes: 1 10.0%
  • Better prices than buying online

    Votes: 3 30.0%
  • Trading or selling my own frags

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Meeting other reefers

    Votes: 2 20.0%
  • Learning from vendors and hobbyists

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Seeing corals in person before buying

    Votes: 5 50.0%
  • Supporting the local reefing community

    Votes: 3 30.0%
  • I don’t have frag swaps nearby

    Votes: 1 10.0%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new