OP
JCOLE

JCOLE

Grower of the Small Polyps
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have had good luck F-Aiptasia also. It does raise your alkalinity though.
It hasn't raised my pH or Alkalinity as of yet. I monitored my pH via Apex during and since application. I tested my ALK and it is normal as well.

Frank's Tanks

1 of 3 F-Aiptasia Creators
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have had good luck F-Aiptasia also. It does raise your alkalinity though.

Just curious to know what kind of alk issues you experienced. In the testing phases, we used a 1oz bottle of it in a 30 gallon tank and it had absolutely no affect. Please do let me know. Feel free to call me at 817 343-2920
Frank
Thank you!

Nikita1981

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thank you so very much!

I do strongly recommend my product! It is definitely different from other products that claim to kill Aiptasia! It actually kills Aiptasia!!!

Is there a possibility to get this shipped to the Netherlands? I'm desperate :(

jd371

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have used everything. I have both a CBB and Filefish and they don't touch them at all, they're also model citizens so there's no trouble keeping them. Peppermints don't last with the fish I have on hand. I have used Berghia Nudibranch in the past with success, but once the Nudis eat them all and die out the Aptasia eventually comes back, they're also pricey to keep using. I have injected them with all that's available and it just makes them spread. F-Aptasia has worked for me and that's what I'm using now, but unless you can smother the whole thing it will come back. I've been able to kill most of them but they're are a few that are in certain locations that I know I'm not getting the whole animal so it makes a recovery.

Mical

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've used (on two tanks) ORA Filefish https://www.liveaquaria.com/product/3555/?pcatid=3555 I tried Aiptasia X, laser, Mojano wand & kalk and had same results as others have mentioned. Aiptasia is a form of anemone. Like an anemone that is irritated it will split - that's what you're doing with laser. Now I've heard Franks' stuff works but haven't tried it.

mmw64

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just curious to know what kind of alk issues you experienced. In the testing phases, we used a 1oz bottle of it in a 30 gallon tank and it had absolutely no affect. Please do let me know. Feel free to call me at 817 343-2920
Frank
Thank you!
I have no proof Frank. My alk has always run in the 8's and is now in the high 10's. I'm on my second bottle as my outbreak was bad. Nothing else has changed in my tank. Your product works well!

Nikita1981

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yes. I get to my store in about 3 hours and I will check for you! Thank you for the interest!
Hi Frank,

Either you got lost on the way to your store or something went wrong since I did not get a message yet. Can you check for me the shipping rate if you can find the time ? Thanks

specwar

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Peppermint shrimp got rid off all of mine within a few weeks!

SuncrestReef

That Apex guy
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The problem with lasers or products you need to apply directly onto aiptasia is that you can only target those aiptasia you can see or reach. In most reef aquariums, the rockwork and sump equipment present areas where aiptasia can grow that you can never reach, and they can continue to reproduce unabated. The only solution I have found that works effectively to completely eradicate aiptasia is to use berghia nudibranchs. Yes, they can be expensive. And yes, they can take some time to show results. But they work. Eating aiptasia is the ONLY thing these creatures do.

My tank only had a couple of aiptasia that hitchhiked on a scoly coral. At first I tried removing the scoly and injecting the aiptasia with lemon juice. Within days they were back, and within another week I started seeing more around my tank. After about a month and at least 25 aiptasia, I bought a laser and started zapping them every chance I got. After a few more weeks, it seemed like the laser was working well. But then I discovered the aiptasia had spread to my sump and refugium. Then I started finding them behind rocks where I could barely get a line of sight, but not good enough to hit them with the laser. By this time (now about 2 months since the first aiptasia on the scoly) they were spreading like crazy and I’d have to zap about 10 new ones each day that I could get to. But I knew for every one I could see there were several hidden behind and in the holes in my rock work, plus in my sump and equipment.

I finally gave in and ordered a dozen berghia nudibranchs. It took about 3 weeks before I noticed that some of the prominent aiptasia that nagged me (because I could see them but not hit them directly with the laser to kill them) had disappeared over night. After 2 months, there was no sign of any aiptasia. Unfortunately, once the aiptasia are gone, the nudibranchs die off because they don’t eat anything else.

Bottom line, if I ever get another infestation, I’ll rely on the nudibranchs to do the work for me.

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 143 88.3%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 9 5.6%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 7 4.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 1.9%
Back