Need help choosing AI blade

GiannisK

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi there,

I have a 20 gallon mixed reef tank. I currently have a cheap Nicrew 50W light, and the corals have been doing pretty good but I’m worried about the shadowing, as I see loss of colors on the undersides of corals where the light doesn’t hit directly.

I was thinking of getting an AI blade to help with this problem. Is that a good idea? Would you suggest a glow or a glow?

TangerineSpeedo

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Grow. The glow is just for looks mostly. I am running grows on my sps and frag tank. I also have an extra for sale in the market (shameless plug) I really love them, they are a modern T5.
IMG_1494.jpeg

OP
OP
GiannisK

GiannisK

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’m hoping to get a 12 inch one since my tank is only 20 inches long I think it’ll be sufficient.

I wonder if there’s a way to mount it together with my nicrew. Or will a single blade itself be sufficient for a 20 gallon tank?

liddojunior

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’m hoping to get a 12 inch one since my tank is only 20 inches long I think it’ll be sufficient.

I wonder if there’s a way to mount it together with my nicrew. Or will a single blade itself be sufficient for a 20 gallon tank?
The 12 in would be for that tank. I do recommend the elevated mount to get better spread

twentyleagues

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The blades are pretty flexible in their mounting options, but you will probably need to diy a mounting option if you want to attach it to the nicrew. The blades have an 8mm threaded hole on both ends and they also have a few other mounting options available to buy.
They make these
1714384464459.png

which you may be able to diy a bar to attach to the nicrew then attach to the blade.
1714384702956.png

Or you can get the elevated tank mounts to just put it on the tank with better spread as @liddojunior said.
1714384642499.png

Good trouble: Have mushrooms ever become pests in your aquarium?

• Mushrooms would never be pests even if they kept replicating.

Votes: 23 16.5%
  • Mushrooms have not become a pest for me.

Votes: 57 41.0%
  • Mushroom have become overgrown, but not to the point of becoming pests.

Votes: 19 13.7%
  • Mushrooms have become pests in my aquarium.

Votes: 33 23.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 7 5.0%
Back