Need help, clownfish not looking good

reef_1

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
25 ml is quite a lot, depending on tank size maybe there was a sudden ph change which confused them temporarily - then aragonite sand (if you have that) and natural processes might have restored vaguely normal ph.

OP
OP
Shawaiz_106

Shawaiz_106

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
25 ml is quite a lot, depending on tank size maybe there was a sudden ph change which confused them temporarily - then aragonite sand (if you have that) and natural processes might have restored vaguely normal ph.
my bad, o thought my pipete is 5 ml but its 2ml, so i used a max of 10ml in a 55 litre tank, is that still a lot ?. they seem a lot better now than yesterday anyways and i just fed them some pellets ( target fed ) so there isnt any food floating around. and they ate them all

OP
OP
Shawaiz_106

Shawaiz_106

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
PH and ammonia are the two things I would think about in this case, although it is weird its happening to one, not two of them. Can you grab a cheapie API test that contains both Ammonia and PH?
its hard to get to my lfs and my dad is working all week ( lfs closes before he ends work ) so unlikely. The one that was near the glass likes to do that and did that before the lemon juice too. ill upload and send a vid of them both right now

OP
OP
Shawaiz_106

Shawaiz_106

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Looks good to me, so relax!
Well, a little update. The " new " bigger clownfish is showing the exact same symptoms as the original bigger clown while the smaller one looks perfectly healthy. I have no clue what to do and I'm at a complete lost to why it's always the bigger one and why only the one and no the other

reef_1

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well, a little update. The " new " bigger clownfish is showing the exact same symptoms as the original bigger clown while the smaller one looks perfectly healthy. I have no clue what to do and I'm at a complete lost to why it's always the bigger one and why only the one and no the other
This makes it much more likely that something is going on. Do you see anything on the fish? Did you do anything on the tank recently? Is there agression in between the fish?

I am not competent enough in sicknesses to say anything, your best bet is to measure all parameters and maybe make a video/photo so that they can see if there are any external signs and wait for a fish medic to turn up.

OP
OP
Shawaiz_106

Shawaiz_106

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This makes it much more likely that something is going on. Do you see anything on the fish? Did you do anything on the tank recently? Is there agression in between the fish?

I am not competent enough in sicknesses to say anything, your best bet is to measure all parameters and maybe make a video/photo so that they can see if there are any external signs and wait for a fish medic to turn up.
There is nothing on the fish and not even any nipped fins on either fish, they look healthy and fat except now one stopped eating and is staying in the corner. Even doe that one is still the dominant clown that will still sometimes boss around the smaller more active clown. Especially during feeding. I will check parameters tmr but I know salinity is 35ppm and I did a 20% water change today

reef_1

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Should I make a new thread ?, because I doubt anyone is going to read 4 pages for the whole story

Sorry that I can't advise what to do, these symptoms/video from the other fish are not enough for me to have a clue about what is going on, at this point I would say likely an illness, if tank params are ok. As you have no QT where you could start a generic treatment against the most common stuff, you are limited in what you can do (though DT being empty helps a bit and you could give various baths etc).

Imo your best bet is to post fresh tank parameters and a fresh picture/video of the fish and wait until a #fishmedic wakes up, its nighttime in the US so you wont get an answer for some hours, then I am sure they will come and give a better opinion than mine.

I hope whatever happens it works out for the fish.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Shawaiz_106

Shawaiz_106

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sorry that I can't advise what to do, these symptoms/video from the other fish are not enough for me to have a clue about what is going on, at this point I would say likely an illness, if tank params are ok. As you have no QT where you could start a generic treatment against the most common stuff, you are limited in what you can do (though DT being empty helps a bit and you could give various baths etc).

Imo your best bet is to post fresh tank parameters and a fresh picture/video of the fish and wait until a #fishmedic wakes up, its nighttime in the US so you wont get an answer for some hours, then I am sure they will come and give a better opinion than mine.

I hope whatever happens it works out for the fish.
i gave them both back to my lfs and they put them in quarantine. im not adding any fish to my tank for a while now incase it was a disease. I gave them back because i really couldnt accomidate them like that with no test kits or qt tanks or even medicine so their best chance of a good life is at my lfs before its too late. This was also stressing my out and getting in the way of school and studies. hopefully i get more fish soon and they do well. Anyways thankyou so much for the help

Managing real reef risks: Do you pay attention to the dangers in your tank?

• I pay a lot of attention to reef risks.

Votes: 161 43.5%
  • I pay a bit of attention to reef risks.

Votes: 128 34.6%
  • I pay minimal attention to reef risks.

Votes: 56 15.1%
  • I pay no attention to reef risks.

Votes: 20 5.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 5 1.4%
Back