Need help designing aluminum t-slot wall mount for lights! Pls Help!

BrianReefer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Trying to replicate this lighting mount built from aluminum t-slot.

It will be supporting this fixture (15lbs), plus another 10lbs of additional lights (3 g4 pros) that will be mounted to this fixgure.https://www.saltwateraquarium.com/4...gs2m8OKnwz8oZjL65ncKUdOV3KJ5Ss3UaAvE9EALw_wcB

The fish tank will be 22” wide and will be 2-3” away from the wall, I need the two ‘arms’ to extend slightly past half of the tank’s width, so they need to be approx. 14” long each. The studs in the wall are 16” on center so I could secure it with 3 brackets if needed.

I will need something to attach the fixture cord to the bracket with. See other pic attached (mount.jpg), the fixture cord basically ends in a loop that I can put around some attachment we’d add to each of the arms

I have never worked with t-slot before, can anyone help me figure out what I need to buy from 8020.net to do this? Thank you!!

lights.PNG mount.jpg

o2manyfish

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Once you figure out the order from 8020.net - Do yourself a favor and get a hold of Elliot at GoldenstateCorals.

He has an inhouse 3D printer and has made specific mounts for the Radions to connect directly to the T-Slot. He also has T-Slot inserts for wire cord management.

After installing 12 G6 Pros over my new build on a motorized T-Slot canopy, the only mistake I made was not getting the brackets to direct connect the Radions to the T-Slot. It would look a lil cleaner. But in the event a Radion Fails, the brackets would make it alot easier to get the Radion out to be swapped.

Dave B

xabo

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
May want to check this out:

OP
OP
B

BrianReefer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Thanks guys

I’d rather mount to wall vs ceiling, my wife isn’t a fan of the latter in our living room!

Im using the aquatics hybrid fixture so I don’t need to attach the Radions direct to the t-slot, I just need help figuring out what I need to buy for the actual t-slot parts based on that image, including parts and what weight (1515, 4040, etc). Any guidance?

Back