Adjustable lamp arms as reef light mounts?

MoshJosh

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Thinking about a future set up where i want to be able to move the lights and adjust their height easily. Think using adjustable arms might be an option? Something like this or maybe some more industrial alternative might work. Would need to mount on the wall or ceiling. . .

Would probably using Kessils

1716766814929.jpeg

mfinn

likes zoanthids
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
6   0   0
A few years ago there was a thread on reef central about people using flat screen tv mounts for leds such as Radions.
So many different styles, there might be something that would work.

Dom

Full Time Reef Keeper
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thinking about a future set up where i want to be able to move the lights and adjust their height easily. Think using adjustable arms might be an option? Something like this or maybe some more industrial alternative might work. Would need to mount on the wall or ceiling. . .

Would probably using Kessils

1716766814929.jpeg

Interesting idea; I like it.

My only concern would be getting the light position locked in. From what I know about these mounts, they are easy to move. I think a fixed mount would be better.

twentyleagues

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have seen a couple tanks with the tv mounts like @mfinn suggested. The adjustable lamps are just not strong enough. Depending on how big of a tank we are talking and how many lights might make this doable or not. I also have seen a few T-slot aluminum set ups that are pretty adjustable. I have not messed with that stuff yet so I dont know how easy or hard it is to build with.

exnisstech

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I think the light mounts may be too weak and move if bumped. TV mounts would look nicer and be stronger.
This whole rack can be moved up and down. It's attached to the stand but could be modified to mount the wall instead. It was designed buy Reefer Reboot, I just did the assembly. Just tossing out ideas ;)
image.jpg

Rev 1.jpg

How much do you care about having a display FREE of wires, pumps and equipment?

• Want it squeaky clean! Wires be danged!

Votes: 79 45.1%
  • A few things are ok with me!

Votes: 80 45.7%
  • No care at all! Bring it on!

Votes: 16 9.1%
Back