Need help from my Canadian reefers

Lps_lover12

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This is for all the Canadian reefers who feel my pain when buying certain dry goods in Canada. The simplest things can be impossible to find here. I’m looking for the John guest fittings to convert the dos mod. Part number PP450821W it’s 1/4 inch OD by 1/8 NPFT female adapter. The one store I could find them online they are out of stock and has no eta on them. Amazon has them but for quite a high price tag, checked Home Depot and can’t find them there. Any help finding these?

OP
OP
Lps_lover12

Lps_lover12

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
FA20962F-171C-410E-BAB4-387589CDD333.png

Jbell370

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I feel your pain, I have ordered all my plumbing through BRS as I could not get what I wanted at local stores. I never did change my DOS, I have one that runs my AWC of 5g per day and has been for over 2 years, I just heated the RO line with GF hairdryer and slid it on.

OP
OP
Lps_lover12

Lps_lover12

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I feel your pain, I have ordered all my plumbing through BRS as I could not get what I wanted at local stores. I never did change my DOS, I have one that runs my AWC of 5g per day and has been for over 2 years, I just heated the RO line with GF hairdryer and slid it on.
It’s so annoying. Reason I want to change my dos is because it’s sucking in more air then actual fluid, annoying how you pay that much for a piece of equipment and it doesn’t work properly

OP
OP
Lps_lover12

Lps_lover12

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Cory

More than 25 years reefing
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Habe you tried culligans? I go there for most ro stuff. They got lots.

Cory

More than 25 years reefing
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Do you mean culligan water? I can’t find any ro fittings on their site
Yes. The one at my city has a lot behind the counter. Might be worth calling them.

Rmckoy

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have found some of the larger lfs chains have many of these parks behind the counter .

I was able to find some odd parts such as bulk head fittings from swimming pool and hot tub stores .

rodi fittings from plumbing wholesale stores and even lowes .
there is a tiny lfs close to me . He has tons of weird fittings in plastic bins in a storage closet which is where a lot of my rodi replacement fittings came from

OP
OP
Lps_lover12

Lps_lover12

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have found some of the larger lfs chains have many of these parks behind the counter .

I was able to find some odd parts such as bulk head fittings from swimming pool and hot tub stores .

rodi fittings from plumbing wholesale stores and even lowes .
there is a tiny lfs close to me . He has tons of weird fittings in plastic bins in a storage closet which is where a lot of my rodi replacement fittings came from
Sadly where I’m from there’s only petsmart and one saltwater lfs which I will never go to again. So I have to do all my shopping online, my lfs doesn’t even carry rodi systems or anything aside from brightwell products.

Rmckoy

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sadly where I’m from there’s only petsmart and one saltwater lfs which I will never go to again. So I have to do all my shopping online, my lfs doesn’t even carry rodi systems or anything aside from brightwell products.
Pet smart don’t carry anything saltwater .
there is one about 30 mins feom
Me and I’m always asking them to order stuff , they can’t …..

Big als is a large chain but very hard to find a good one .
You’re Canadian …. Contact fragbox in Toronto .they have rodi systems . If he doesn’t have the parts you’re looking for they might be able to order them .

OP
OP
Lps_lover12

Lps_lover12

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Pet smart don’t carry anything saltwater .
there is one about 30 mins feom
Me and I’m always asking them to order stuff , they can’t …..

Big als is a large chain but very hard to find a good one .
You’re Canadian …. Contact fragbox in Toronto .they have rodi systems . If he doesn’t have the parts you’re looking for they might be able to order them .
I stay away from petsmart too, no help at all even when I was into freshwater. I’ve ordered from there a few times, you also have to check out candy corals. Ordered a ton from them and always high quality stuff

Rmckoy

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I stay away from petsmart too, no help at all even when I was into freshwater. I’ve ordered from there a few times, you also have to check out candy corals. Ordered a ton from them and always high quality stuff
I’ve bought a few frags from him years ago
High end , high quality which also comes with high prices .

Fusion in reefing: How do you feel about grafted corals?

• I strongly prefer grafted corals and I seek them out to put in my tank.

Votes: 3 4.8%
  • I find grafted corals appealing and would be open to having them in my tank.

Votes: 37 58.7%
  • I am indifferent about grafted corals and am not enthusiastic about having them in my tank.

Votes: 16 25.4%
  • I have reservations about grafted corals and would generally avoid having them in my tank.

Votes: 5 7.9%
  • I have a negative perception and would avoid having grafted corals in my tank.

Votes: 2 3.2%
Back