Need help getting a picture from 40Kb to 8kb

  • Thread starter Thread starter Sikryd
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

Sikryd

hmm...Sweet!
View Badges
Joined
Feb 19, 2009
Messages
2,321
Reaction score
15
Location
MD
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Need help getting a picture from 40Kb to 8kb

Like the title says -

I have an avatar that is 125 x 125 and is 40KB. I'm trying to get it to a smaller size, but even saving it as a bitmap or with less detail won't bring it down that low.

I've had enough classes and messed around with this stuff! Sometimes the easiest things get me though :) lol

Any help?
 
If you want to email it to me I'll give it a try. gregATgregrothschild.com
 
bmp is one of the largest ways to store an image. change to jpg and reduce the quality.
 
I use photoshop to do it. This is what I do.

Open the file
Resize the image to 150 pixels wide
In the file option select "Save for web and Devices.."
On the optimized tab you wioll see the size of the photo in kb
Select JPEG
On quality use the slide bar to reduce the kb's until you get to 8kb
Hit save and select a place to save the image.

If you want me to resize it post the image here.
 
I guess I should have updated this - :)

I figured it out. Thanks
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DO YOU USUALLY CHECK FIRST WHEN YOU LOOK AT YOUR REEF?

  • A particular fish I enjoy watching

    Votes: 2 3.7%
  • The fish population—making sure everyone is accounted for

    Votes: 15 27.8%
  • Coral extension, color, or growth

    Votes: 18 33.3%
  • Recent additions or other changes

    Votes: 6 11.1%
  • Water clarity or the surface

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Equipment and water movement

    Votes: 1 1.9%
  • Signs of algae, pests, or trouble

    Votes: 3 5.6%
  • I just enjoy the whole scene

    Votes: 6 11.1%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 3 5.6%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new