Need help identifying baby foxface

  • Thread starter Thread starter Shoki
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

Shoki

Community Member
View Badges
Joined
Apr 11, 2024
Messages
36
Reaction score
2
Location
USA
What state or country do you live in
Ohio
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello everyone! A few weeks ago I introduced a baby Foxface into my 75 gallon aquarium. I have a 5-6 inch one spot foxface in my larger tank that I've had for over 3 years.
I ordered this baby online and It was stated this was a one spot (Siganus unimaculatus).
Which type of foxface is this? Do baby one-spots have different coloration at certain ages? Is it possible this coloration is due to stress? All other fish are healthy and parameters are stable!

Temp: 75F
Salinity: 1.025
PH: 8
Nitrate: 5
Nitrite: 0
Ammonia: 0
Unsure of phosphate but assume proportional to nitrate.

Any help would be appreciated!

Capture.PNG Capture.PNG
 
Looks identical to my young foxface. The one I bought was not listed as a one spot though.
 
My one spot fox looks like that when upset or getting ready for sleep. So possibly stress. May change as it gets used to tank. This mine . Almost 5 inch long adult.
IMG_8748.jpeg
 
What’s his approximate length? I also have a baby One spot foxface. When i first put him in my tank about 2 weeks ago he seemed stressed. So he wasn’t showing his spot. It was all black on his order body. As he got comfortable in the tank ( i think), his yellow color and black spot started showing. They grow fast btw.
This is my baby one spot now . He is about 1.5 inches.
IMG_0079.jpeg
IMG_0087.jpeg
 
I was thinking about this thread the other day. My foxface’s spot is now starting to show. Maybe as they mature? Mine is now about 2”.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHICH TYPE OF REEF CONTENT MOST OFTEN GETS YOU TO PARTICIPATE?

  • Daniel's daily polls. They're awesome! 😎

    Votes: 9 27.3%
  • A real troubleshooting problem

    Votes: 11 33.3%
  • Build-thread or tank-update posts

    Votes: 7 21.2%
  • Before-and-after progress photos

    Votes: 3 9.1%
  • Beginner questions

    Votes: 11 33.3%
  • Honest success or failure stories

    Votes: 8 24.2%
  • A post, update, or article from my favorite vendor

    Votes: 5 15.2%
  • Detailed how-to or educational discussions

    Votes: 9 27.3%
  • Tank tours and member showcases

    Votes: 5 15.2%
  • Local events, swaps, or meetups

    Votes: 5 15.2%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 7 21.2%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new