Need help identifying red spots on torch

Sarabeth3412

Community Member
View Badges
Joined
Nov 21, 2020
Messages
43
Reaction score
51
Location
Everett
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi! Can anyone help me identify the red spot on the skeleton of my torch coral? They’re hard and won’t scrape off with my fingernail. We dipped the coral and it won’t come off either. Any help would be appreciated. It’s nowhere else within the tank and/or on other corals. Hoping it’s nothing to worry about, I’ve searched online and haven’t found much of anything. TIA.

B1DE22F6-6EC4-4102-BEEE-F5CF0CE6F812.jpeg 7AF8E6C0-9F32-46B5-9E1A-1C07D48EC602.jpeg 1199938D-883A-4118-BA14-13718109A74B.jpeg
 
Some Encrusting worm or some
Coraline algae

nothing to Worry about
 
I really can't tell from the pic. You sid it's hard and won't scrape off. Is it a bit of coralline alage?

Yes it’s hard and won’t scrape off. I didn’t take a blade to it as I don’t want to risk hurting the torch. But here’s a video and another pic
 
Some Encrusting worm or some
Coraline algae

nothing to Worry about

We have purple coraline, not pink so it def could be that. I’m not sure. I just haven’t had any luck with torches so I may be overthinking. I did just post a better picture and a video. It’s uploading but it’s in this thread as a reply to the other persons comment. Thank you
 
Foraminifera perhaps, maybe sponge. Just one of the cool little things you get in a reef tank. Nothing to be worried about.
 
Thanks everyone! Appreciate your input! I’m always freaking out thinking something bad is happening to the tank.
 
It’s new reefer syndrome LOL. Analogy I always use is first child versus successive one. Always checking on the first at the faintest sound. Second comes along .....

Wife - Did you hear that?

Me - Is he bleeding?

Wife - No.

Me - Then he’s fine .....

You’ll get there with your reef tank.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

HOW DO YOU USUALLY MOVE WATER DURING A WATER CHANGE?

  • Buckets

    Votes: 2 14.3%
  • A siphon or gravel-vac hose

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • A pump and hose

    Votes: 2 14.3%
  • A dedicated mixing station

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • A plumbed or automated system

    Votes: 3 21.4%
  • A combination of these

    Votes: 7 50.0%
  • Whatever container is clean at the time

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Water changes? We don't need no stinkin' water changes!

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new