Need Help Identifying This Frag

  • Thread starter Thread starter andarre
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

andarre

Community Member
View Badges
Joined
Jul 3, 2012
Messages
61
Reaction score
17
Location
Miami Lakes, FL
What state or country do you live in
Florida
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
As the title says... What is this? Sold to me as a "Rainbow"
Screenshot_20210417-205823_Chrome.jpg
 
PC Rainbow from high PAR lighting, possibly? The higher the PAR, the more red is expressed in that coral. They become more rainbow colored (green, yellow, orange, red) in 100-200 PAR irradiance.
 
PC Rainbow from high PAR lighting, possibly? The higher the PAR, the more red is expressed in that coral. They become more rainbow colored (green, yellow, orange, red) in 100-200 PAR irradiance.
Oh, no... I'm so sorry. I meant what species of acro, not common name. Also, I don't know what PC is?
 
Looks to me like red dragon acro
 
Possibly Acropora carduus if your looking for the latin name. I'm far from an acro expert though.

If it is PC Rainbow, then Acropora convexa is thought to be the species.
Yup! Exactly what I was looking for! I'll look these up to see if any of them match what I have. Thank you guys!!!
 
White with red polyps. Reminds me of a clown... If it's not named, maybe you should call it "Pennywise"
 
White with red polyps. Reminds me of a clown... If it's not named, maybe you should call it "Pennywise"
Funny you would say that, my black and white ocellaris is named Penny...
 

WHICH TYPE OF REEF CONTENT MOST OFTEN GETS YOU TO PARTICIPATE?

  • Daniel's daily polls. They're awesome! 😎

    Votes: 7 35.0%
  • A real troubleshooting problem

    Votes: 6 30.0%
  • Build-thread or tank-update posts

    Votes: 4 20.0%
  • Before-and-after progress photos

    Votes: 3 15.0%
  • Beginner questions

    Votes: 4 20.0%
  • Honest success or failure stories

    Votes: 4 20.0%
  • A post, update, or article from my favorite vendor

    Votes: 5 25.0%
  • Detailed how-to or educational discussions

    Votes: 9 45.0%
  • Tank tours and member showcases

    Votes: 5 25.0%
  • Local events, swaps, or meetups

    Votes: 4 20.0%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 3 15.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new