Abhishek

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi Randy ,

Hope you are doing good :)

I am Abhishek from Minnesota and currently use ATI essentials for supplementing my 90 gallon acropora only system . I currently dose 180 ml of ATI essentials a day .

However , am moving to a calcium reactor and will have it up and running in a couple of weeks .

But am gonna run out of ATI this week and would hate to get another batch just to use it for a week or 2 .

I have BRS sodium bicarbonate powder and I believe ATI uses mostly bicarbonate with little carbonate for alkalinity 1 solution .

According to ATI - 36 ml of ATI solution 1 will raise alk by 1 dkh in 100 liters of tank water .
If I dose 180 ml of alk solution a day in 90 gallons of tank water , how much should I dissolve BRS bicarbonate powder and how much should I dose to maintain my alk between 7.5-8 ?

Regards,
Abhishek

Randy Holmes-Farley

Reef Chemist
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
OP
OP
Abhishek

Abhishek

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks a lot @Randy Holmes-Farley . So if I use Recipe #2 , to raise 1 dkh in 100 liters , it requires 37.3 ml whereas ATI requires 35 ml. The pH is somewhat lower due to bicarbonate i believe .
If I use recipe #1 , I get substantial pH raise and needs only about 18ml . Is recipe #1 only carbonates?

Regards,
Abhishek

Randy Holmes-Farley

Reef Chemist
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If ATI uses mostly bicarbonate with a little carbonate, it is like my Reciope #2. Recipe 1 gives a bigger pH boost .

In the end, there's not going to be a big effect no matter which one you use, but pH is higher with Recipe 1 and you use half as much and it is nearly all carbonate.

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 38 24.2%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 53 33.8%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 47 29.9%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 15 9.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 2.5%
Back