Need help in finding a aerator that can draw air from a tube connected externally

RajV

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello All
My refugium is in the basement - which is usually concentrated with CO2 . I am looking for an aerator which has a tube to draw air from outside . I can drive a tube out of the basement so that it brings in fresh air instead of the stale basement air. I can see filter pumps with air intake tubes but i cant seem to find only an aerator that can do this . Would love it if some one has a product in mind and can point me to it.

TIA

120reefkeeper

Reef keeping with Military Precision!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello All
My refugium is in the basement - which is usually concentrated with CO2 . I am looking for an aerator which has a tube to draw air from outside . I can drive a tube out of the basement so that it brings in fresh air instead of the stale basement air. I can see filter pumps with air intake tubes but i cant seem to find only an aerator that can do this . Would love it if some one has a product in mind and can point me to it.

TIA

You could drop a skimmer in the tank and route your air intake on the skimmer to the outside location.

djbetterly

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I had the same issue, and request as you one time. So what I did was bought a piece of TUPPERWARE from the container store big enough to fit a large adjustable powered aerator. The TUPPERWARE needs to seal tightly though.

Then I ran a tube from outside into the Tupperware and sealed around the tube with silicone for a good seal. The other tube, which runs into the tank, was hooked directly into aerator through a hole in the Tupperware and again sealed around it silicone. The tricky part is power cord so get creative. I also built a CO2 scrubber that was Inline with the airline as well as I wasn’t sure about the Manhattan air quality...not sure how much that helped though.

This worked really well for me when I lived in my apartment. The suction from outside was good enough to raise my pH a noticeable amount.

If you need a diagram let me know, I can draw something up for you.

OP
OP
RajV

RajV

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I had the same issue, and request as you one time. So what I did was bought a piece of TUPPERWARE from the container store big enough to fit a large adjustable powered aerator. The TUPPERWARE needs to seal tightly though.

Then I ran a tube from outside into the Tupperware and sealed around the tube with silicone for a good seal. The other tube, which runs into the tank, was hooked directly into aerator through a hole in the Tupperware and again sealed around it silicone. The tricky part is power cord so get creative. I also built a CO2 scrubber that was Inline with the airline as well as I wasn’t sure about the Manhattan air quality...not sure how much that helped though.

This worked really well for me when I lived in my apartment. The suction from outside was good enough to raise my pH a noticeable amount.

If you need a diagram let me know, I can draw something up for you.
Cool idea , I get the drift , force aerator in Tupperware to draw from the pipe keeping the Tupperware airtight. @120reefkeeper i like that idea except my skimmer is shut

Making themselves at home: Have you intentionally done anything in your aquarium to enhance the natural behavior of your fish?

• I planned my tank to encourage natural fish behavior.

Votes: 27 27.6%
  • I did some things to encourage natural fish behavior.

Votes: 33 33.7%
  • Anything that encourages natural fish behavior was a byproduct of the aquascaping.

Votes: 16 16.3%
  • I did not do anything to encourage natural fish behavior.

Votes: 19 19.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 3.1%
Back