Need help!!! Is my tank going to crash?

  • Thread starter Thread starter Mafiaboy
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

Mafiaboy

New Member
View Badges
Joined
Dec 11, 2020
Messages
15
Reaction score
6
Location
Montreal
What state or country do you live in
Canada
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey folks,

Quite the eventful day... I was emptying out the bucket for my skimmer and cleaning it while my 4yr old son managed to open my container of coral frenzy (Brown powder) and go up my step ladder and dump it in the tank in a span of 2 minutes. I don't know exactly how much he put but I think it's quite a bit, hard to tell because some fell on the floor and other places. It's a 260 Gal tank and after i turned back on my skimmer it started going crazy and over flowing and flooding the tank with air bubbles. Am i screwed here? Is my tank going to crash? Or is there something i can do? I'm filling up a barrel right now to potentially do a water change.
 
Kids, amiright? :beaming-face-with-smiling-eyes:

Yes, a water change will certainly help. If you have a drain hose for the skimmer you can run that into your filter section so it's not continuously overflowing (at least temporarily until it calms down). While annoying, the micro bubbles shouldn't be an issue.

I'm not intimately familiar with this particular product, so perhaps others will have some additional suggestions. You may want something onhand like NOPOX in case you see some nitrate and phosphate spikes as well.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DO YOU USUALLY CHECK FIRST WHEN YOU LOOK AT YOUR REEF?

  • A particular fish I enjoy watching

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • The fish population—making sure everyone is accounted for

    Votes: 3 12.5%
  • Coral extension, color, or growth

    Votes: 11 45.8%
  • Recent additions or other changes

    Votes: 3 12.5%
  • Water clarity or the surface

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Equipment and water movement

    Votes: 1 4.2%
  • Signs of algae, pests, or trouble

    Votes: 1 4.2%
  • I just enjoy the whole scene

    Votes: 3 12.5%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 2 8.3%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new