need help locating coral and frags

ReeferHendrix

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I feel like I’m constantly rearranging frags and coral and not entirely sure where things need to be…doesn’t help that bta has been on the move. Also my live rock doesn’t have a lot of spots to put plugs and I don’t want to cut them and glue on the rock because I don’t know where the bta is going to go next. Any advice?
F85A6A2C-4A3C-4278-A98D-4B793047F94C.jpeg

Gedxin

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Glue your frag plugs to the rock. They're easy to pop off when you need to move them, if your BTA starts to wander (instead of trying to move the actual frag itself.)

Gup

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Most of my Aquascape is glued and epoxy. I drilled holes where I knew I would place frags.

I have shelves & rocks in place that are not glued. Them, I can pull out at a water change. 2, I cut the frag nipples, then glued them outside the tank.

The tank back, I made magnet rocks. I pulled 1out to drill for a Green Star Poylp. I have 4 more coming. I'll do the same so I can cover the back glass.

2 flat rocks, in the front, just lay on the substrate for possible invasive corals.

Looking at your rock work, you can cut the nipples off, then glue the flat frag to the rock at a water change or remove & drill. Either/Or

They cut easy with wire cutters.

I read some time ago that if you want to place a flag below the water line, you put a dab of epoxy on the flat frag, then glue on top of the epoxy. It said the glue will form a bubble cover over itself. When you press, the glue bubble breaks, adheres the the epoxy and should hold your flat frag. I've had no need to try it that way.

I hope these ideas help you

Last edited:
Back