Need Help New Camera Olympus SP-800UZ

  • Thread starter Thread starter reefhead
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

reefhead

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Dec 30, 2010
Messages
379
Reaction score
18
Location
reefheaven
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a new olympus sp-800uz dig camera I got for xmas. The main reason was for taking pics of my aquarium. I can not seem to figure out what settings to use. I have taken pics before with my 3 yr old super cheap P&S and they turn out better. Just need some guidance would be greatly apperciated. I have leds on the tank too.
 
Does the camera offer you the ability to shoot manually?
 
What are the issues you're having? If we know what is wrong, we'll have a much better change of giving you guidance.

Is color off?
Are pictures always blurry?
Are pictures too dark? too bright?

Post up some photos, along with your issues with that particular photo, and we'll see what we can do to help you!
 
I finally got a picture out of about 400 that is half way decent....
the acros are being a littler easier...and i turned up the whites on my ai sol blues even tho in pics it does not appear that way

I am still having a lot of trouble photographing zoas and my anemone....for instance my king midas are appearing green instead of yellow
I can not seem to capture the color at all of my zoas

greenacro12-31.jpg

rasta
rasta-1.jpg

flasherwrasse.jpg
 
Last edited:
Sounds like you're having an issue with your white balance. Look up how to set a custom white balance in the owners manual and then set it to a white or light grey object within the tank.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DOES YOUR REEFING AREA LOOK LIKE BETWEEN MAINTENANCE SESSIONS?

  • Clean and tidy—everything gets put away

    Votes: 10 47.6%
  • Mostly cleaned up, but a few tools stay out

    Votes: 5 23.8%
  • Organized chaos—I know where everything is

    Votes: 3 14.3%
  • Enter at your own risk! Buckets, hoses, and towels are basically permanent fixtures

    Votes: 1 4.8%
  • It depends on where I am in the maintenance cycle...

    Votes: 1 4.8%
  • The tsunami hit. Hard.

    Votes: 1 4.8%
  • A different take... (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new