Need help on Brs 2 part

102ttran

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi ive been dosing brs 2 part. My daily dosing is 120ml through out the day with dos pump. But why is that my alk always run out faster than the calcium part. I did calibrate both side of the dos pump and when I finish my alk i dump out the remaining of calcium also. My parameters is pretty stable with alk and calcium so don't know why this happen. I really don't mind it happen like this as long as parameters is stable. Just that when my alk ran out, I add in the magnesium part. So don't know if i should add mag part after alk ran out or calcium. Can someone explain?

Randy Holmes-Farley

Reef Chemist
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’ll assume you made it exactly correctly, but you should confirm that. There are multiple versions of my two part with different potencies.

Your salt mix may run high in calcium relative to the tank and that may keep it up.

Also, alk always drops faster on a percentage basis than calcium because seawater has a bigger reservoir of calcium present. Sometimes you may not even be able to detect the drop with a hobby kit because it is within the kits margin of error.

A worm with high fashion and practical utility: Have you ever kept feather dusters in your reef aquarium?

• I currently have feather dusters in my tank.

Votes: 65 37.1%
  • Not currently, but I have had feather dusters in my tank in the past.

Votes: 59 33.7%
  • I have not had feather dusters, but I hope to in the future.

Votes: 25 14.3%
  • I have no plans to have feather dusters in my tank.

Votes: 26 14.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back