Need help, please.. About setup information as detail as possible.

vincentsuryanto

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi, I'm newbie on saltwater aquarium. I have may question which i cant find the answer at google. Maybe too rarely to discuss.
1. What reef / coral which safe for newbie? Is reef / coral poisonus like anemone if die in main tank? I have bad experience which anemone die at midnight, and at morning it kill all my fish and make everything cloudly and crash.
2. Is sea cucumber poisoning water?
3. My clownfish have fade color. The orange turn pale yellow, and black is fading. The tails also look pale and transparent. Is them sick? or because of food quality?
dfgdfg.jpg
rtutyruty.jpg

4. I have sump with 3 rooms. I have sponge, coral fragments, bio ring, active carbon / charcoal, and skimmer. I need info about which order is correct for put in room 1, 2, and 3.
5. How I can glue live rocks? What glue can I use?
6. My first tank is full of brown algae, and all cocepods are gone / disappear. What should I do?
7. My other clownfish looks like have white spot on his body, like sand or salt on body. But it appear at morning or night when I turn blue lamp. Sometimes it gone. Strangely enough, other fish (Yellowtail Damselfish, mono fish) dont like this white pattern, just clown and angelfish. If it really WS, then how I can do? can they survive?
nemo.jpg

Please help me. Hope you all have great day. ^^ thanks so much or every answer.

AZMSGT

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Welcome, to R2R. Holy moly, slow down with the questions.. But seriously. the one thing that needs immediate attention is the last question.

The white spots are ICK or velvet and those fish need treatment ASAP or will die soon.

Look at this post for further guidance on Ick, Velvet and Brooklynella.

Last edited:

Bo.

Impatient as always
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Welcome,
And as @AZMSGT said, definitely get that infection treated asap.

I can't tell from the pictures, but does it look more like the clown's skin is oozing or are there definite spots?

OP
OP
V

vincentsuryanto

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Welcome, to R2R. Holy moly, slow down with the questions.. But seriously. the one thing that needs immediate attention is the last question.

The white spots are ICK or velvet and those fish need treatment ASAP or will die soon.

Look at this post for further guidance on Ick, Velvet and Brooklynella.

Thanks for reply. :) i have treated them with freshwater dip, and ws medicine. 3 of my nemos died and my naso tang also die yesterday. Hope others will survive. :(

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 39 24.1%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 55 34.0%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 49 30.2%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 15 9.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 2.5%
Back