OP
OP
jdivz87

jdivz87

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
For a while (as a leftover from fighting the uglies), I was using my own schedule with my blues maxed and white near zero. Over time I was adding peaks of whites here and there until I recently just switched to the saxby schedule (max peak at 80%). I reduced the whites by 10 across the board because I think that zoa rock in the picture has some cyano..
Screenshot_20221116_183318_myAI.png
Ohhh okay !! I’m battling some ugliest right now and have my blues at 30% and whites 0 seeing that the uglies are in full throttle
What lights are those btw ? And that’s my issue too finding a hood light schedule lol

TokenReefer

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Moo me? Moo you! lol

Yeah idk much about different lights tbh (maybe someone has this one and can chime in) but if you can adjust it I'd turn the blues all the way up and the whites down to almost nothing (as low as you can tolerate visually). The white can be omitted completely; it's just for your eyes as it contains all the spectrums including red and green which from my understanding can promote algae growth when you're trying to fight it...

OP
OP
jdivz87

jdivz87

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Moo me? Moo you! lol

Yeah idk much about different lights tbh (maybe someone has this one and can chime in) but if you can adjust it I'd turn the blues all the way up and the whites down to almost nothing (as low as you can tolerate visually). The white can be omitted completely; it's just for your eyes as it contains all the spectrums including red and green which from my understanding can promote algae growth when you're trying to fight it...
I shut the whites off completely

Algae invading algae: Have you had unwanted algae in your good macroalgae?

• I regularly have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 34 33.7%
  • I occasionally have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 21 20.8%
  • I rarely have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 9 8.9%
  • I never have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 6 5.9%
  • I don’t have macroalgae.

Votes: 28 27.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 3.0%
Back