Need Help Saving my Fish!

Raveness09

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi,

One of my tangs has passed away. I have a Hyppo Tang and a Porcupine Puffer Fish that are barely hanging on. They are breathing heavy; the tang has started to develop marks on her face. She is on her side and trying to swim. Also, she is losing her color. We have transferred them out of the tank and isolated the Puffer Fish. We thought he could have affected the water.

To give a bit of a back story, we attained the 2 Tangs (Hyppo and Sailfin) and a Filefish. They were in totes doing fine. We moved them to the newly installed tank and they had been doing good the whole day until now. We have checked perimeters and everything was within the limits. Currently, as mentioned, we have lost one of the Tangs. The second Tang is struggling still, along with the Puffer Fish. The Puffer’s breathing has slowed a bit where it is not accelerated. The Filefish is doing better.

We have checked for spots and it is not Ick. The spots she is developing currently seem consistent to the Tang that passed.

Any suggestions on what we can do? We are trying to keep our little fighters as long as we can.

IMG_3112.jpeg IMG_3114.jpeg IMG_3121.jpeg IMG_3115.jpeg

OP
OP
Raveness09

Raveness09

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The Hyppo Tang starts to swim around the quarantined tank and then goes back to lay on her side. She’s trying her best to stay up right.

Upvote 0

Sharkbait19

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
On the tang looks like hlle scarring - it’s generally associated with stress, water quality, and diet, but isn’t a killer on its own.
How recent were the fish additions? Were they quarantined before addition to the display tank?

Upvote 0

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 20 13.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 10 6.8%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 22 15.1%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 83 56.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 10 6.8%
Back