OP
OP
ReefSakes

ReefSakes

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Honestly I’d stick with the tankI have and get the trigger sump. In reefing I find it more effective to stay on the route you started. You have the top of the line stuff and also even though your stuff could work for a bigger tank, you don’t want the bare minimum for your tank you want it to handle even a bad situation and have what you need to keep anything within it
True true... just thinking ahead for the system in the garage lol. This will be in the house and honestly having a 300g display in my previous house was such a daunting task in terms of maintenance and keeping it clean so the wife cuts me off lol . The garage I wouldn't have to worry about water spilling and running any hardwood flooring which would greatly upset the better half

Bepis

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’ll tell you this after looking at your build thread for it, why get a algae scrubber to pull out nutrients that have dissolved into the water if with a roller fleece you can pull it out before it dissolves. You went the right way to go with 2 xr15s as you get two fans and much better spread.

OP
OP
ReefSakes

ReefSakes

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’ll tell you this after looking at your build thread for it, why get a algae scrubber to pull out nutrients that have dissolved into the water if with a roller fleece you can pull it out before it dissolves. You went the right way to go with 2 xr15s as you get two fans and much better spread.
Yeah I was gonna go with either system not both. At least initially.... start with the fleece system and if need I can easily add an algea scrubber. Will build manifold at the return line to be able to easily add on other gear.

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 27 15.2%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 11 6.2%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.6%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 24 13.5%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 103 57.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 12 6.7%
Back