Need help setting up my 220g

Cassie428

New Member
View Badges
Joined
Feb 24, 2016
Messages
22
Reaction score
9
Location
Tucson,AZ
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ok guys I know the basics to saltwater tanks, I have a 220g tank and stand only, I need all the other stuff, what I want to go in there?

Epaulette shark
Bluering stingray
Porcupine puffer (already have)
Snowflake eel (already have)
2 clown fish (already have)
LPS
Softies
And community fish

I understand some of these aren't compatible but I also have a 50g I could keep my clowns in. But for sure I want a shark and sting ray with reef tank and large community fish.

Anyone recommend a good brand? Or is selling stuff rated for my tank? Know of a good place with low prices lol? I'm hoping to get my tank cycling with 500-600. I have a 75g empty tank for sump
 
Are you talking about live stock or equipment?? There's no way you're equipping a 220G system for under $1k, and that's being modest.
 
Dam not even with just the basics? Just to get it cycling ,no fish ..just rock,sand,skimmer and lights
 
Unless you can find used gear locally, at a VERY good price, your skimmer and lights alone could be $1k, depends on what deals you can find in your area.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHICH FLOW PROBLEM IS HARDEST TO SOLVE IN YOUR REEF?

  • Eliminating dead spots

    Votes: 7 25.9%
  • Keeping sand from blowing around

    Votes: 4 14.8%
  • Balancing flow for different coral types

    Votes: 6 22.2%
  • Creating random or turbulent movement

    Votes: 2 7.4%
  • Finding effective pump placement

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Managing noise or vibration

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Keeping pumps hidden and accessible

    Votes: 2 7.4%
  • I still feel like I’m mostly guessing

    Votes: 6 22.2%
  • Other (Comment in the thread)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new