Need help to ID this tiny hole dwelling hitchhiker

eggyplantz

Community Member
View Badges
Joined
Dec 26, 2024
Messages
55
Reaction score
25
Location
San Diego
What state or country do you live in
California
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello all, see video attached. I'm curious what this hitchhiker on my new mushroom colony might be. It retracts into a tiny hole if I disturb any of the fine white hairs that are sticking out.

I'd estimate the hairs are 0.25-0.5" long or so and it's a cluster of them. Just curious if it's something to be concerned about.

I've tried searching for similar but it seems like it could be a few different things.

Thanks!
 

Attachments

  • VID_20251012_175455_098.mp4
    14.2 MB
Doesn't look like hydroids or a spaghetti worm. Maybe a barnacle?
 
Kinda reminds me of the anthelia on my rocks after I tried killing it by scrubbing it with a wire brush. It's a pest.

I'd get it out of the tank and remove it if you could. .02
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DO YOU USUALLY CHECK FIRST WHEN YOU LOOK AT YOUR REEF?

  • A particular fish I enjoy watching

    Votes: 2 3.6%
  • The fish population—making sure everyone is accounted for

    Votes: 16 29.1%
  • Coral extension, color, or growth

    Votes: 18 32.7%
  • Recent additions or other changes

    Votes: 6 10.9%
  • Water clarity or the surface

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Equipment and water movement

    Votes: 1 1.8%
  • Signs of algae, pests, or trouble

    Votes: 3 5.5%
  • I just enjoy the whole scene

    Votes: 6 10.9%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 3 5.5%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new