Need help to identify this acro

tang_man_montreal

Community Member
View Badges
Joined
Jan 5, 2021
Messages
82
Reaction score
73
Location
Montreal
What state or country do you live in
Canada
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Can anyone please help me identify this piece?

When I received it from a fellow reef keeper, it was dull and brown and dark green and only a few branches.
It has since taken off and colored up, but I have no idea even what species it is.

1651015133714.png


Thank you!
 
Can anyone please help me identify this piece?

When I received it from a fellow reef keeper, it was dull and brown and dark green and only a few branches.
It has since taken off and colored up, but I have no idea even what species it is.

1651015133714.png


Thank you!
Hard to tell from that pic but looks to be either a WWC Yellow Tip acro or a tricolor valida. Not entirely sure.
 
Can anyone please help me identify this piece?

When I received it from a fellow reef keeper, it was dull and brown and dark green and only a few branches.
It has since taken off and colored up, but I have no idea even what species it is.

1651015133714.png


Thank you!
Looks like acropora austera. Many different named varieties of the same species
 
Thanks all,
I agree it's not a valida, as I have a tricolor valida nearby.

Definitely seems to be an Austera after looking at comparison pics.. Thanks you !
 
I don’t think it’s any of the above, the only thing I can think of that’s similar is muricata but we really need a top down shot to get a better look at the base of the branches. Little to staghorn like to be valida, and definitely not an austera.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 4 4.5%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 6 6.8%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 19 21.6%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 26 29.5%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 1.1%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 9 10.2%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 5 5.7%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 11 12.5%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 7 8.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new