- Dec 24, 2015
- Reaction score
Since 2015, I've been keeping a 60 cube tank. I used dry rock and the system took some time to mature and eventually evolved into an acropora dominant mixed reef. I enjoy seeing larger colonies, but space was getting tight and with my wife's encouragement decided it was time for a larger system.
Here are the basics for the new set up.
Crystal Dynamics 84x34x27
Modular Marine External Overflow
Halides, T5, and LED
Giesmann Spectra 72".
- 250 Watt Radiums x3 powered by IceCap Selectable Ballast running at 250 HQI
- ATI Blue Plus x 4
- Reef Brite XHO Blue 72" x 2
Drain | Mechanical Filtration | Skimmer | Dual Return | Refugium
Dual Clarisea SK-5000
Skimmer: Bubble King Deluxe 200
Geo Media reactors x 2
UV: Lifegard Promax 90 Watt (Initially 55W, increased size after 2 months, based on waterflow measurements from flow meter)
Refugium: Lit by Reefbrite Lumilite Plantlyte 18"
MP40 x 2
RedSea Reefwave 45 x 2
***MP60 x 2 (added February 2021)
- Neptune Apex
Calcium Reactor: Deltec Twin Tech 1500
- Daily AWC with Neptune DOS
- Mixing Station located in Garage
- ATO reservoir located in garage 90 feet from Tank
- ATO Tunze Osmolator with Spectrapure WXM Pump located under tank by sump
I never did a build thread for my prior tank so I'll post some progression shots