Need help understanding old Elos 120 system

bitwise

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
We've had a Elos 120 tank in my family since 2008 or so, and it's only been wet for about a year of that time. The rest of the time it's been in storage. I'm building a rocket engineer stand for this tank as we speak, and planning on this upgrade from my 43g Reefer.

I can't find an Elos sponsored forum on here anymore, so I come to you guys for help. It looks like this tank has a single pipe each for return to/from the tank to sump. The return to the tank is pretty straightforward and has a smaller diameter flexible tubing behind the bulkhead (visible in picture 4). I screwed on the nozzle (show in picture 3), but I'm not sure that's done correctly. Does anyone know if picture 3 looks correct or what that little extra input does on it (show at the 90 degree elbow)?

Does anyone know what kind of design return this is from the tank to the sump? The unit I'm holding in picture 2 goes into the bulkhead, and then there's a guard that goes over visible in pictures 4 and 7. I'm assuming the gray corrugated tubing then connects to the black adapter in picture 1.

Picture 5 and 6 really have me confused. Does anyone know what that's for?

IMG_1115.jpg IMG_1114.jpg IMG_1116.jpg IMG_1113.jpg IMG_1110.jpg IMG_1111.jpg IMG_1112.jpg

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0

Algae invading algae: Have you had unwanted algae in your good macroalgae?

• I regularly have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 46 35.1%
  • I occasionally have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 28 21.4%
  • I rarely have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 10 7.6%
  • I never have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 10 7.6%
  • I don’t have macroalgae.

Votes: 33 25.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 3.1%
Back