Need help understanding phosphate availability and consumption. Also neophos.

OP
OP
TheReefDiary

TheReefDiary

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Diamond goby’s work amazing but you got to small of a tank
Yeah it's also toxic to the fish so I wouldn't want to get a fish to take care of a dino outbreak. My entire sandbed is covered. It's gotten better within the last few days of cleaning and ensuring po4 isn't bottomed out.

OP
OP
TheReefDiary

TheReefDiary

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a 20 gallon with rear sump. It’s a constant thread the needle with Phosphate. Too low and you get dyno, to high and cleaning algae. I find .50/.25 to be my sweet spot. I really have to watch for CUC deaths as the main culprit to swing higher. Once you have enough phosphate absorbed into the substrates you should be able to find a sweet spot. My process:

1. Weekly testing.
2. 10% water change weekly.
2. Neophos or phosphate-e to keep at .5/.25
How often are you dosing neophos? Honestly the phosphate has been the biggest struggle for me this far. It was hugh until I added chaeto reactor. Then it dropped, now I'm dosing neo and tesying daily just so I can get a better grasp on how my tank is up taking nutrients.

Vicboihere

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
How often are you dosing neophos? Honestly the phosphate has been the biggest struggle for me this far. It was hugh until I added chaeto reactor. Then it dropped, now I'm dosing neo and tesying daily just so I can get a better grasp on how my tank is up taking nutrients.
I’m only hand dosing weekly but if used a chaeto reactor it wolf need to be daily I would think.

Vicboihere

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I should of said .05 .025 for phosphate.

Form or function: Do you consider your rock work to be art or the platform for your coral?

• Primarily art focused.

Votes: 20 8.3%
  • Primarily a platform for coral.

Votes: 43 17.8%
  • A bit of each - both art and a platform.

Votes: 161 66.5%
  • Neither.

Votes: 12 5.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 6 2.5%
Back