Need help upgrading system

MohrReefs

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello everyone, I'm Tyler, and I'm a reefer.

Now that the introductions are out of the way, I currently have the following system.

44G Marineland tempered glass rimmed pentagon tank (see build thread for more details).

I have an Eheim canister filter, no sump or refugium. I have a Redsea Led 90.

I'm satisfied with my light but I feel like I could do better on the filtration side of things. I often have grainy particulates floating around, water is clear but I have a film on the water top. Is there anyway I could upgrade this system? I know I cant drill the tank and I can't do a hang on back skimmer without changing my lights (its meant for a rimless tank so I have it wedged with a yoga block to have it upright, don't judge me please lol).

What would you do? Is there hope? Am I attached to another object by an inclined plane, wrapped helically around an axis?

Thanks in advance.

DC Reefer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Any way you could hang the light above the tank which will give you options for HOB? Also if you increase surface agitation you may be able to get the film in the water column and then your filtrations may take care of it.

OP
OP
MohrReefs

MohrReefs

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Any way you could hang the light above the tank which will give you options for HOB? Also if you increase surface agitation you may be able to get the film in the water column and then your filtrations may take care of it.
I would be more than happy to do that, wife may not be on board with that though. Maybe if I tell her its the only way to upgrade filtration she'll be down lol.

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 41 32.8%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 28 22.4%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 25 20.0%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 31 24.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back