Need help using Apex Optical Sensor for roller mat advancement

Hectaka

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a trigger platinum sump with the built in roller mat. The default float sensors stopped working and I rigged up a way to use the new Apex Optical Sensor to control the outlet.

The issue I'm having is at least once or twice a week the outlet will turn itself off.

Screenshot_20220929-140355_APEX Fusion.jpg

I have it programmed to stay on "Auto" but I will check and it will have switched to the "OFF" position. Is there something in my program causing this?

Screenshot_20220929-135112_APEX Fusion.jpg

The switches are for the roller mat (SwxRM) so if it's dry(open) the roller mat doesn't run. The other switch is for the skimmer/sump water level (SwxSKM) so if the overall sump water level increases and the switch is wet(closed) it won't waste the roll or overflow my skimmer.

The last line is a final redundancy to prevent wasting a whole roll.

Is there something I'm missing or a better way of programming this so it stops turning itself off?

HankstankXXL750

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
5   0   0
I believe that auto means it follows your program. That would mean it turns on, then 10 minutes later it shuts off? Not sure. Maybe hit Neptune support. They seem to be really great when I need them.

((FORDTECH))

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a trigger platinum sump with the built in roller mat. The default float sensors stopped working and I rigged up a way to use the new Apex Optical Sensor to control the outlet.

The issue I'm having is at least once or twice a week the outlet will turn itself off.

I have it programmed to stay on "Auto" but I will check and it will have switched to the "OFF" position. Is there something in my program causing this?

The switches are for the roller mat (SwxRM) so if it's dry(open) the roller mat doesn't run. The other switch is for the skimmer/sump water level (SwxSKM) so if the overall sump water level increases and the switch is wet(closed) it won't waste the roll or overflow my skimmer.

Is there something I'm missing or a better way of programming this so it stops turning itself off?
The reason it is turning itself off is due the the last line. That statement turns the slider from auto to off if the swx5 is on for more then 10 seconds. Yes that line is so it will not advance a whole role when the sensor has condensation on it and stays closed even tho water level is lower then it.
I was having this same issue so I decided to do my programming different. Now I just run them for set amount of seconds multiple times a day. This is what I use now.
5ACEBAC8-0AC7-493C-94FF-EFE1BF566148.png

((FORDTECH))

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Also I do not like your programming because with a statement of fallback on if your apex loses communication for whatever reason your roller turns on and will use the whole role. IMO fallback should be off for any roller filter

OP
OP
Hectaka

Hectaka

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The reason it is turning itself off is due the the last line. That statement turns the slider from auto to off if the swx5 is on for more then 10 seconds. Yes that line is so it will not advance a whole role when the sensor has condensation on it and stays closed even tho water level is lower then it.
I was having this same issue so I decided to do my programming different. Now I just run them for set amount of seconds multiple times a day. This is what I use now.
5ACEBAC8-0AC7-493C-94FF-EFE1BF566148.png
Thank you for the advice.

I don't think I have a good grasp on setting up a timer for it yet. I will however change the fallback to off as that does make sense.

Back