NEED HELP WITH CLOWNFISH

  • Thread starter Thread starter ehalvie26
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

ehalvie26

New Member
View Badges
Joined
Oct 21, 2020
Messages
7
Reaction score
1
Location
Farmington
What state or country do you live in
Minnesota
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So I've had my clownfish for 2 months now and at the beginning everything was fine. The male was doing his dance, they were hosting together, swimming together, all the things a pair of clownfish would do. Well as of 2 weeks ago the female as become super aggressive. She would chase the male around the tank and constantly harassing him. The first few times he did his dance but eventually stopped doing it. I decided to step in when I started noticing signs of fin nip on the males clear part of his rear fin. I took the female out for a day, re scaped the tank, and introduced her back in. He immediately started doing the dance and thing seemed like they were better. Until 2 days later when she started doing the same stuff again. I did a water change, checked the parameters (everything was perfect), and it still hasn't stopped. Any idea on what I should do? Thanks!
 
If there’s fin ripping I would replace the male.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 5 3.8%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 10 7.6%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 25 18.9%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 42 31.8%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 0.8%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 10 7.6%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 10 7.6%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 20 15.2%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 9 6.8%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new