Need help with diagnosis

MZ18

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
For the past few days I've been noticing these white spots that are visible in the morning and then seem to disappear later in the day. It started on her tail fin and now seeing more pop up. Also seeing what looks like white string poop.

These are not the classic white specs that are present with ich so I'm having a hard time figuring out just what it is. I don't know of anything that appears and disappears all in the same day.

She is still eating good, breathing normal and otherwise acting fine.

Tested water and all levels are good.

I just added a trochus snail and that seems to be when this all started...sigh
DSC_0373.jpg

Any help or direction would be much appreciated!

HotRocks

Fish Fanatic!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Those appear to be skin flukes. A 5min FW dip would confirm if they are or not.

For the white stringy poop, that indicates intestinal parasites and/or worms. Food Soaking Metroplex or General cure + Focus should correct the white stringy poop. Feed the medicated food for 2 weeks.

OP
OP
M

MZ18

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ok thanks I'll try the FW dip. Should I do that in the morning when the spots are more visible? Its only been a couple hrs since I posted that picture and all the spots are gone now except the one on her belly...and is it common for skin flukes to appear and disappear like this so quickly?

OP
OP
M

MZ18

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Update: Tried the FW dip, nothing showed up in the bottom of the container...and now there is a new spot on her tail that wasn't there a few hrs ago...

Any ideas?

HotRocks

Fish Fanatic!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Do you have other clowns or notice any aggression in your tank?

Do you have any LPS?

OP
OP
M

MZ18

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
No other tank mates or corals, just the clown and a trochus snail.

Its a new tank, only been up for 3 months. Had the clown for about a month now and didn't see these signs until this past week.

Did a 30 percent water change last night just to be safe, even though water tested good.

No signs of any spots this morning...and that's the only time of day I've been seeing them...odd

OP
OP
M

MZ18

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Could this be lymphocystis? Seems plausible since those symptoms come and go and apparently are white and similar to what I'm seeing from time to time...

Back