Two fish with one whit spot

Baronen

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So I added some fish that were quarantined three weeks ago due to an unscheduled delivery which was supposed to come much later. Anyways a few days ago I noticed a single white spot on my leopard wrasses fin and now a noticed a similar spot on my Anthias. Both are eating fine and seem normal otherwise. The spot is sorta like the size of a soft pretzel salt granule. Also two of the three new additions recently disappeared and I couldn’t find any bodies. Suggestions? Diagnosis?

IMG_7264.jpeg IMG_7261.jpeg IMG_7265.jpeg IMG_7266.jpeg

Last edited:

Jay Hemdal

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Baronen Welcome to the Fish Disease Treatment and Diagnosis Forum!

The #fishmedic team and other knowledgeable members of our community will do our best to help you resolve your questions. Please provide as much of the following as you are able:
  • Brief description of the issue you are observing and answers to the following questions:
    • How long have you had the fish with the condition?
    • Did you quarantine with medication when you first acquired the fish? (If Yes, which medication?)
  • Current water quality measurements
  • Clear photos of the issue taken using WHITE light and/or a short video of any behaviors (post in your response or on YouTube).
If you can help us by providing as much of the above info as possible, it will make diagnosing and providing recommendations for treatment MUCH easier! The Fish Medic team will get back to you as quickly as possible. In the meantime, other members of our community may also share their experience with similar situations and advice that they may have regarding your situation.

You may also feel free to provide a more detailed description of the condition if you wish to share more info than the above list.

Additionally, these links may be useful while you await a response:

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
14   0   0
So I added some fish that were quarantined three weeks ago due to an unscheduled delivery which was supposed to come much later. Anyways a few days ago I noticed a single white spot on my leopard wrasses fin and now a noticed a similar spot on my Anthias. Both are eating fine and seem normal otherwise. Suggestions? Diagnosis?

IMG_7264.jpeg IMG_7261.jpeg IMG_7265.jpeg IMG_7266.jpeg
May be fin ray or lymphocystis which are condition and not disease and assure good water quality and diet are provided to best combat this. Pics are hard to work with to confirm based on angles and slightly blurry images

OP
OP
B

Baronen

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
May be fin ray or lymphocystis which are condition and not disease and assure good water quality and diet are provided to best combat this. Pics are hard to work with to confirm based on angles and slightly blurry images
I just saw the Anthias poop for the first time and it was white and stringy… I’m thinking those wrasse had IP and died and the bodies got everyone infected. Should I dose metroplex food now?

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
14   0   0
I just saw the Anthias poop for the first time and it was white and stringy… I’m thinking those wrasse had IP and died and the bodies got everyone infected. Should I dose metroplex food now?
Are you by chance feeding the anthias both brine shrimp and Mysis shrimp. If so, mysis especially will promote excess mucus in the stomach and mimic the internal white feces issue

OP
OP
B

Baronen

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yes feeding both. Also ROE by reef nutrition which is also white in color

OP
OP
B

Baronen

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So the Anthias seems to be healing and it almost looks like he is missing a scale there.

So is most likely?
1. Flashe Wrasses perished from cyanide collection or random acclimation issue
2. Lympho for the leopard wrasse
3. Aggression for the Anthias

Should I still dose medicated food or is one stringy poop not enough for action?

OP
OP
B

Baronen

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Okay now my ornate leopard has a random discolored patch. Still eating. The blue star is transitioning so I those blotches seem to be part of his color change

Attachments

• IMG_7284.jpeg
    IMG_7284.jpeg
    120.5 KB · Views: 9
  • IMG_7283.jpeg
    IMG_7283.jpeg
    155.8 KB · Views: 10

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 24 29.3%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 30 36.6%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 22 26.8%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 5 6.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 1.2%
Back