Need help with flow!!

  • Thread starter Thread starter Wash
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

Wash

Community Member
View Badges
Joined
Jan 13, 2024
Messages
54
Reaction score
8
Location
seoul
What state or country do you live in
Other International
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've just started keeping two tenuis and one Bali slimer for the first time. I'm wondering if the current flow in my tank is appropriate. Could you please help me check?

1. Tenuis


2. Tenuis


3. Bali slimer
 
The camera focuses on the frag, so its hard to judge, but the polyps are barely moving, they can take more flow. IMO
 
I aim for making the polyps look like long grass flowing with the wind in a field. Don’t directly blast them, have pumps flow collide with each other and it helps if you have adjustable pumps.

I’ve had the best results with an oversized pump on wave mode with short pulses of 0.5-1 second on and 1-2 seconds off. Currently I have a 3000gph Nero 5 in my 32 cube pulsing this at 75% power, and it’s been perfect.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 9 5.3%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 13 7.6%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 27 15.9%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 57 33.5%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 2 1.2%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 12 7.1%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 12 7.1%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 26 15.3%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 12 7.1%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new