Need help with flukes

cally2k

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So i believe my blue hipp have fluke so i took it out going to do a fw dip but wannt treat my display tank if i do that do i need to do a water change and do i need to turn off my skimmer

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
14   0   0
So i believe my blue hipp have fluke so i took it out going to do a fw dip but wannt treat my display tank if i do that do i need to do a water change and do i need to turn off my skimmer
You can treat safely with prazi Pro
Turn off skimmer day one, run the skimmer day two with skimmer cup off the unit and resume day 3.
What symptoms are you seeing suggesting flukes?
Can you provide video under white lighting also?

Last edited:
OP
OP
cally2k

cally2k

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You can treat safely with prazi Pro
Turn off skimmer day one, run the skimmer day two with skimmer cup off the unit and resume day 3.
What symptoms are you seeing suggesting flukes?
Can you provide video under white lighting also?

Attachments

• 20230402_191545 (1).jpg
    20230402_191545 (1).jpg
    140.5 KB · Views: 28
  • 20230402_191207.jpg
    20230402_191207.jpg
    112.3 KB · Views: 29

vetteguy53081

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
14   0   0
This is not flukes but rather mucus plugs AKA mucus cones that blue tangs are very prone to getting from likely ich mixed within. You will need to place fish in Quarantine tank and treat with Coppersafe or Copper Power at therapeutic level 2.25-2.5 For a FULL 30 days (do not interrupt this 30 day period) monitored by a reliable Copper Test kit such as Hanna Brand- No API brand. Also monitor Ammonia levels while in quarantine with a reliable test kit and add aeration during treatment using an air stone.
The display tank should be kept fishless (FALLOW) for 6-8 weeks to assure ant existing parasites go through their life cycle without a host fish and die off
A quarantine tank can be as simple as a starter kit from Walmart which most of the needed essentials.

OP
OP
cally2k

cally2k

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This is not flukes but rather mucus plugs AKA mucus cones that blue tangs are very prone to getting from likely ich mixed within. You will need to place fish in Quarantine tank and treat with Coppersafe or Copper Power at therapeutic level 2.25-2.5 For a FULL 30 days (do not interrupt this 30 day period) monitored by a reliable Copper Test kit such as Hanna Brand- No API brand. Also monitor Ammonia levels while in quarantine with a reliable test kit and add aeration during treatment using an air stone.
The display tank should be kept fishless (FALLOW) for 6-8 weeks to assure ant existing parasites go through their life cycle without a host fish and die off
A quarantine tank can be as simple as a starter kit from Walmart which most of the needed essentials.
but that was the only fish with it and i fif a freswater dip no more spots

vetteguy53081

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
14   0   0
but that was the only fish with it and i fif a freswater dip no more spots
A FW dip offers temporary relief and is not a cure. Some flukes will dislodge IF flukes and with mucus plugs and ich will Be temporary

How much do you care about having a display FREE of wires, pumps and equipment?

• Want it squeaky clean! Wires be danged!

Votes: 61 43.0%
  • A few things are ok with me!

Votes: 69 48.6%
  • No care at all! Bring it on!

Votes: 12 8.5%
Back