Need help with Iod dip

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

nim6us

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have Lugols Iod from Tropic Marin and there are instructions on how to dose the tank to raise iodine levels. However I want to dip a soft coral to treat for bacterial infection. What are the instructions to do that please?

SlugSnorter

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have Lugols Iod from Tropic Marin and there are instructions on how to dose the tank to raise iodine levels. However I want to dip a soft coral to treat for bacterial infection. What are the instructions to do that please?
40 drops of Lugol's solution per gallon of tank water. Once the solution has been mixed and prepared, the infected coral should be placed in the solution for approximately 10 minutes.

- some random website.

Blue Spot Octopus

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
^^^^^ Thanks, well my hammer was looking deflated and much smaller than when I purchased it a month ago, so I dipped in Lugols and I look at the frag and I see a little guy with horns on his head, any idea on what that is?

Bubbles, bubbles, and more bubbles: Do you keep bubble-like corals in your reef?

• I currently have bubble-like corals in my reef.

Votes: 21 34.4%
  • I don’t currently have bubble-like corals in my reef, but I have in the past.

Votes: 7 11.5%
  • I don’t currently have bubble-like corals in my reef, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 21 34.4%
  • I don’t currently have bubble-like corals in my reef and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 11 18.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 1.6%
Back