Need help with my ATO set up.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

AZMSGT

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’m trying to get my ATO working on my GHL.

I’m using buckets to get everything tuned and working.... well.. I’m just having a heck of a time. First problem is a head on my Maxi is bad. GHL is sending a new head.

My equipment: Profilux4, Slave Maxi Doser, 2 optical sensors.

I’m trying to use the Min-Max setting on the control. My optical sensors are 3 & 4.

What I’m trying to do is set a switch to turn on when the water level drops to sensor 4. This should turn on my Maxi pump.. well.. I’m not having any luck.

I can follow the ATO set up videos fine till I get to the switch since it’s not covered I’m struggling.

@Vinny@GHLUSA @Ditto @Matthias Gross

lapin

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
PM @Ditto
The post #454

I have used both, and they both work great but the optical sensors need to remain clean to function properly.

I would go with a two sensor, high and low. You can also add a third if you want even additional
Redundancy which would be high water. (Used to turn off the skimmer and also act as another fail safe)

Ditto

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ok want to make sure I understand this you want to use two sensors for the ATO and when it falls below the lower one fill to the upper sensor.

OP
OP
A

AZMSGT

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ok want to make sure I understand this you want to use two sensors for the ATO and when it falls below the lower one fill to the upper sensor.
Yes. According to the GHL video that’s what the Min Max setting is supposed to do.

This is the video go to 1:95 to see what I am referring to.
For my set up it’s at 4:36 that everything changes since I’m using the Maxi Doser

It would be nice if GHL would create a ATO and AWC video for things from a Profilux 4 and Maxi point of view.

Last edited:
OP
OP
A

AZMSGT

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Also one problem I'm having is when the water level is below the Min sensor the Profilux gives me a LEVEL Alert but doesn't try to fill or run the doser.

Here is my Maxi Doser Configuration.
Maxiconfig.jpg

I'm using Control #12 to try to get this to work.
Control Circuit.jpg

Also trying to configure Switch #20 to be the switch that turns on the doser head.

Switch Channel.jpg

This is how I have the Doser head set up.

Doserhead.jpg

@Vinny@GHLUSA What looks wrong and what do I need to fix?

Last edited:
OP
OP
A

AZMSGT

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
OK, I figured it out. My problem was first, I had to low a time set as the Max on time. Second, I was not able to figure out how to reset the alarm condition in GCC. when I reset it in my Phone app everything started to work again.

So, for anyone looking to set up a ATO on the Profilux 4 using the Maxi doser all the above screen shots are correct. Just adjust the MAX ON TIME to suit your set up.

Clear reef vision: How do you clean the inside of the glass on your aquarium?

• Razor blade

Votes: 126 59.2%
  • Plastic scraper

Votes: 62 29.1%
  • Clean-up crew

Votes: 76 35.7%
  • Magic eraser

Votes: 36 16.9%
  • Other

Votes: 63 29.6%
Back