Need help with my favia

  • Thread starter Thread starter rhcpnut1
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

rhcpnut1

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Oct 20, 2012
Messages
233
Reaction score
11
Location
Hermitage, Pa
What state or country do you live in
Pennsylvania
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just in the past few days I noticed a decline in its overall health, and am not totally sure why, but wondering if maybe it could be to much light, I have it dead center just about half way up in my 29? Everything including my Duncan frogspawn candy cane and even zoas love the light and I'm beyond myself right now

Sent Via the R2R Forum APP
 
What kind of lights are you running? Also, do you know what kind of favia it is? Could be too much light, but hard to tell without knowing what you are running.
 
I have a 120 watt dimmable dimmed down to it lowest light
 
Notice the top left area,its loosing color in that dime sized area, doesn't make sense to me because it seems to be expanding. Maybe I should put into a shaded area and see how it does?
 

Attachments

  • 1362750936715.jpg
    1362750936715.jpg
    71 KB · Views: 156
I know its not the best but its the best way I can show the tank right now
 

Attachments

  • 1362751200271.jpg
    1362751200271.jpg
    69.7 KB · Views: 128
I keep my favia down at the bottom of my tank and run T5's. Try moving it back down and see how it reacts. I have a certain favia that only does well in the shade even.
 
Sounds like a plan

Sent Via the R2R Forum APP
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHICH TYPE OF REEF CONTENT MOST OFTEN GETS YOU TO PARTICIPATE?

  • Daniel's daily polls. They're awesome! 😎

    Votes: 9 27.3%
  • A real troubleshooting problem

    Votes: 11 33.3%
  • Build-thread or tank-update posts

    Votes: 7 21.2%
  • Before-and-after progress photos

    Votes: 3 9.1%
  • Beginner questions

    Votes: 11 33.3%
  • Honest success or failure stories

    Votes: 8 24.2%
  • A post, update, or article from my favorite vendor

    Votes: 5 15.2%
  • Detailed how-to or educational discussions

    Votes: 9 27.3%
  • Tank tours and member showcases

    Votes: 5 15.2%
  • Local events, swaps, or meetups

    Votes: 5 15.2%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 7 21.2%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new