Need Help With My Ora Pink Birdnest

  • Thread starter Thread starter NDIrish
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None
I’ll bet those bald spots will be covered with regrowth and fresh zooxanthellae within a month if you did a few water changes and brought the N&P under 10ppm & .1ppm. I’d limit the weekly water change amount to 20% and try your best to temperature match the water each time just to keep from further stressing things out.
When I mix water, day before I put an air stone, heater and wavemaker overnight.
I will give it a try see what happens.
Thanks
 
I been watching it thru a magnifying glass all I've seen is the white spots. Tips don't appear to be receding and the one branch touching the plug is encrusting.

Great! All good signs. Don't worry about your nutrients. It'll work itself out. Birdsnest are the hardiest of the hardiest.
 
I’ll bet those bald spots will be covered with regrowth and fresh zooxanthellae within a month if you did a few water changes and brought the N&P under 10ppm & .1ppm. I’d limit the weekly water change amount to 20% and try your best to temperature match the water each time just to keep from further stressing things out.
Thanks
 
Run some carbon and see if it helps. Birdsnests are a thrive-or-die-no-in-between coral in my experience. Loss of tissue could indicate something toxic in your water.
 
It looks like where a branch shadowed your frag before it was fragged...for reference see Jason fox's recent wysiwyg birdsnest, same thing. Give it a few days it'll polyp up over the white
 
On his site
 

Attachments

  • Screenshot_20210304-213943_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20210304-213943_Chrome.jpg
    78.6 KB · Views: 40

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DO YOU USUALLY CHECK FIRST WHEN YOU LOOK AT YOUR REEF?

  • A particular fish I enjoy watching

    Votes: 2 3.5%
  • The fish population—making sure everyone is accounted for

    Votes: 16 28.1%
  • Coral extension, color, or growth

    Votes: 19 33.3%
  • Recent additions or other changes

    Votes: 6 10.5%
  • Water clarity or the surface

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Equipment and water movement

    Votes: 1 1.8%
  • Signs of algae, pests, or trouble

    Votes: 3 5.3%
  • I just enjoy the whole scene

    Votes: 7 12.3%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 3 5.3%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new