Need help with packing at Frag Show

Biglurr54

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am planning on selling at my first frag show as a vendor. I've sold a lot out of my house but this will be my first show! I have used specimen cup and take out containers to sell out of my house. I was going to sell that was at the show but i noticed most of my frags wont fit in the specimen cups and Im worried the take out containers will drain my tank!

I think I am going to get set up with a heat sealer and tubing. i was just wondering if anyone has any tips or tricks to doing heat sealing frags at a show. Should I make bags out of the tubing ahead of time, or just make them as i go? Should i build a stand for the heat sealer? Is the heat sealer more of a hassle than a few extra buckets of water?

Any tips and advice would be greatly appreciated!

pap2

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am planning on selling at my first frag show as a vendor. I've sold a lot out of my house but this will be my first show! I have used specimen cup and take out containers to sell out of my house. I was going to sell that was at the show but i noticed most of my frags wont fit in the specimen cups and Im worried the take out containers will drain my tank!

I think I am going to get set up with a heat sealer and tubing. i was just wondering if anyone has any tips or tricks to doing heat sealing frags at a show. Should I make bags out of the tubing ahead of time, or just make them as i go? Should i build a stand for the heat sealer? Is the heat sealer more of a hassle than a few extra buckets of water?

where's the show?

Dburr1014

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Only thing I got for you is double seal the bags! They do this for me when I buy.

DanConnor

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
A few people use heat sealers at shows. You would want to practice a lot to make sure you are definitely getting good seals. Personally I just bring some bigger cups and/or bags. I bring an extra 5 gallon container of water to shows- usually go through about 3 gallons for top up of the tank

OP
OP
B

Biglurr54

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
A few people use heat sealers at shows. You would want to practice a lot to make sure you are definitely getting good seals. Personally I just bring some bigger cups and/or bags. I bring an extra 5 gallon container of water to shows- usually go through about 3 gallons for top up of the tank
I got a heat sealer and a couple different sized rolls. I experimented last night. Seems easy but time consuming to double bag.

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 56 40.3%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 29 20.9%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 49 35.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 5 3.6%
Back