Need help with packing at Frag Show

  • Thread starter Thread starter Biglurr54
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

Biglurr54

Well-Known Member
View Badges
Joined
May 28, 2017
Messages
986
Reaction score
432
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am planning on selling at my first frag show as a vendor. I've sold a lot out of my house but this will be my first show! I have used specimen cup and take out containers to sell out of my house. I was going to sell that was at the show but i noticed most of my frags wont fit in the specimen cups and Im worried the take out containers will drain my tank!

I think I am going to get set up with a heat sealer and tubing. i was just wondering if anyone has any tips or tricks to doing heat sealing frags at a show. Should I make bags out of the tubing ahead of time, or just make them as i go? Should i build a stand for the heat sealer? Is the heat sealer more of a hassle than a few extra buckets of water?

Any tips and advice would be greatly appreciated!
 
I am planning on selling at my first frag show as a vendor. I've sold a lot out of my house but this will be my first show! I have used specimen cup and take out containers to sell out of my house. I was going to sell that was at the show but i noticed most of my frags wont fit in the specimen cups and Im worried the take out containers will drain my tank!

I think I am going to get set up with a heat sealer and tubing. i was just wondering if anyone has any tips or tricks to doing heat sealing frags at a show. Should I make bags out of the tubing ahead of time, or just make them as i go? Should i build a stand for the heat sealer? Is the heat sealer more of a hassle than a few extra buckets of water?

Any tips and advice would be greatly appreciated!
where's the show?
 
I am planning on selling at my first frag show as a vendor. I've sold a lot out of my house but this will be my first show! I have used specimen cup and take out containers to sell out of my house. I was going to sell that was at the show but i noticed most of my frags wont fit in the specimen cups and Im worried the take out containers will drain my tank!

I think I am going to get set up with a heat sealer and tubing. i was just wondering if anyone has any tips or tricks to doing heat sealing frags at a show. Should I make bags out of the tubing ahead of time, or just make them as i go? Should i build a stand for the heat sealer? Is the heat sealer more of a hassle than a few extra buckets of water?

Any tips and advice would be greatly appreciated!
Only thing I got for you is double seal the bags! They do this for me when I buy.
 
A few people use heat sealers at shows. You would want to practice a lot to make sure you are definitely getting good seals. Personally I just bring some bigger cups and/or bags. I bring an extra 5 gallon container of water to shows- usually go through about 3 gallons for top up of the tank
 
A few people use heat sealers at shows. You would want to practice a lot to make sure you are definitely getting good seals. Personally I just bring some bigger cups and/or bags. I bring an extra 5 gallon container of water to shows- usually go through about 3 gallons for top up of the tank
I got a heat sealer and a couple different sized rolls. I experimented last night. Seems easy but time consuming to double bag.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

HOW DO YOU USUALLY MOVE WATER DURING A WATER CHANGE?

  • Buckets

    Votes: 2 14.3%
  • A siphon or gravel-vac hose

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • A pump and hose

    Votes: 2 14.3%
  • A dedicated mixing station

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • A plumbed or automated system

    Votes: 3 21.4%
  • A combination of these

    Votes: 7 50.0%
  • Whatever container is clean at the time

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Water changes? We don't need no stinkin' water changes!

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new