Need help with SPS ID

AustinB

Community Member
View Badges
Joined
Oct 25, 2018
Messages
88
Reaction score
110
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So I couldn’t resist and I bought this from my lfs as an “unknown acro.” He had a larger colony and said it grew very well. It looked unique and I liked it so here we are ha ha. It’s purple with lime green polyps, it’s pretty closed up, I just finished acclimation, let me know what you think!
IMG_8044.jpeg
 
Resembles Montipora rather than Acropora. An awesome piece regardless.
 
Resembles Montipora rather than Acropora. An awesome piece regardless.
Hey thanks! I’ve been trying to find something similar but the branches on this don’t quite look like any monti I can find or have seen, a spongode looks close but the skeleton around the polyps is a lot more random on this one. It’s pretty solid too, not brittle like a digi.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 7 4.5%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 11 7.1%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 27 17.5%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 52 33.8%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 2 1.3%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 11 7.1%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 10 6.5%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 24 15.6%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 10 6.5%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new