Need help with this test

AshtonSaltwater

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi,
New to this site and saltwater. Could you please tell me the exact reading? I am confused here.
A
c7f705b3cfc4f59033ef8973429d3a13.jpg
78b7c9279034f4e21b80be0ad5128269.jpg
fc694d714aac60e50f0bd93c5cbd7744.jpg

DaltoniousMax

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Trying to compare vials to the color chart is a pain in the butt. I'm using the same kit, cycling, and have recently seen the colors you have. Saltyfilmfolks has given you a good reading IMO. But since there is more tests in your future here's my .02.

I found it helps to notice the full spectrum of each chart, and make a relative comparison. Since these hobby kits aren't lab-grade to start with, and for our purposes we are usually going for the 0 ppm reading, try to get a yellow hue vs an orange for nitrates, a blue vs a purple for nitrites. Ammonia is harder because that .50 ppm color seems like a non-linear step in the spectrum. Basically, we know we don't want Dark greens (NH3/NH4), Dark Purples (NO2), and (Reds, NO3). Get your vials as close to yellow-vomit-color, blue and yellow as possible and you should be in business. We'll never get exact matches to the color but we can gauge where we are in the spectrum.

Looking for the spotlight: Do your fish notice the lighting in your reef tank?

• My fish seem to regularly respond to the lighting in my reef tank.

Votes: 100 75.2%
  • My fish seem to occasionally respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 15 11.3%
  • My fish seem to rarely respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 8 6.0%
  • My fish seem to never respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 3 2.3%
  • I don’t pay enough attention to my fish to notice if they respond to the lighting.

Votes: 3 2.3%
  • I don’t have any fish in my tank.

Votes: 2 1.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 1.5%

Back