Legal to Sell Coral from My Own Tank Facebook Craigslist Nextdoor Ebay?

Highest20

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi Everyone! Matt Here...SO I'm Wanting to Sell Some Frags online in Florida from My 20g Long Tank. Wanting to Make Sure I'm Doing Legally. Seems might Need Aquaculture Certificate of Registration for $100 and possibly License to Sell Saltwater Products, Maybe More. Also Possibly Working a Deal with LFS to Sell Frags Online for a Small Cut. How Can this Work Legit? He was saying needs to talk to Bookkeeper about how He would Pay Me and Me Pay Him, Taxes, Etc. Contractor 1099 or Something? Said possibly I could Buy from Him Wholesale then Sell as I Please?

Anybody Know More about This?!? Any Help Much Appreciated!

Here is a Pic of My Tank.

Have a Good One!

IMG_8428.PNG

Mr. Mojo Rising

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
When on facebook, don't use the word "sell", use the word "rehome".

There are lots of good local reef groups on facebook, join them and then post your frags on the group pages. Thats where I get most of my frags nowadays.

Reefer Matt

Reef Cave Dweller
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi Everyone! Matt Here...SO I'm Wanting to Sell Some Frags online in Florida from My 20g Long Tank. Wanting to Make Sure I'm Doing Legally. Seems might Need Aquaculture Certificate of Registration for $100 and possibly License to Sell Saltwater Products, Maybe More. Also Possibly Working a Deal with LFS to Sell Frags Online for a Small Cut. How Can this Work Legit? He was saying needs to talk to Bookkeeper about how He would Pay Me and Me Pay Him, Taxes, Etc. Contractor 1099 or Something? Said possibly I could Buy from Him Wholesale then Sell as I Please?

Anybody Know More about This?!? Any Help Much Appreciated!

Here is a Pic of My Tank.

Have a Good One!

IMG_8428.PNG
Hi Matt! I’m also Matt! A lot of Reefers don’t register anything, and just sell without any licenses or permits. Otherwise, usually the legal thing to do is to get a business license and applicable wildlife permits to sell to the public. I’d lookup your state laws on their website. Good luck!

OP
OP
H

Highest20

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi Matt! I’m also Matt! A lot of Reefers don’t register anything, and just sell without any licenses or permits. Otherwise, usually the legal thing to do is to get a business license and applicable wildlife permits to sell to the public. I’d lookup your state laws on their website. Good luck!
THANKS Matt! I'm gonna Call the Florida Wildlife Place Tomorrow and See what Have to Say!

OP
OP
H

Highest20

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Anyone Else Know about This? What is the Best Way to Have Me Acquire Coral from My LFS and Sell for Them? Do I Need a 1099 Contractor Form or What? He Sells Me Wholesale then I Sell to My Customers? Just want to Do this Legit Legally Ya Know!

Looking for the spotlight: Do your fish notice the lighting in your reef tank?

• My fish seem to regularly respond to the lighting in my reef tank.

Votes: 46 75.4%
  • My fish seem to occasionally respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 6 9.8%
  • My fish seem to rarely respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 5 8.2%
  • My fish seem to never respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I don’t pay enough attention to my fish to notice if they respond to the lighting.

Votes: 2 3.3%
  • I don’t have any fish in my tank.

Votes: 2 3.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back