Legal to Sell Coral from My Own Tank Facebook Craigslist Nextdoor?

Highest20

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi Everyone! Matt Here...SO I'm Wanting to Sell Some Frags online in Florida from My 20g Long Tank. Wanting to Make Sure I'm Doing Legally. Seems might Need Aquaculture Certificate of Registration for $100 and possibly License to Sell Saltwater Products, Maybe More. Also Possibly Working a Deal with LFS to Sell Frags Online for a Small Cut. How Can this Work Legit? He was saying needs to talk to Bookkeeper about how He would Pay Me and Me Pay Him, Taxes, Etc. Contractor 1099 or Something? Said possibly I could Buy from Him Wholesale then Sell as I Please?

Anybody Know More about This?!? Any Help Much Appreciated!

Here is a Pic of My Tank.

Have a Good One!

IMG_8428.PNG

19Mateo83

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Hi Everyone! Matt Here...SO I'm Wanting to Sell Some Frags online in Florida from My 20g Long Tank. Wanting to Make Sure I'm Doing Legally. Seems might Need Aquaculture Certificate of Registration for $100 and possibly License to Sell Saltwater Products, Maybe More. Also Possibly Working a Deal with LFS to Sell Frags Online for a Small Cut. How Can this Work Legit? He was saying needs to talk to Bookkeeper about how He would Pay Me and Me Pay Him, Taxes, Etc. Contractor 1099 or Something? Said possibly I could Buy from Him Wholesale then Sell as I Please?

Anybody Know More about This?!? Any Help Much Appreciated!

Here is a Pic of My Tank.

Have a Good One!

IMG_8428.PNG
As long as you’re not selling native species you should be ok selling on platforms like eBay.

Naekuh

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Im pretty sure this might only apply if your a legal business entity that does X amount of vol of sales and gets X amount of revenue.

Otherwise it would fall under the catigory of hobby trade.

If your looking to make a large income out of it, or make a business entity, and have payments made to business entity, then i know you need a business licsense..

But if your getting paid direct to your own personal account, and its not a primary source of income, i can't see why you would need to go though all that hassle just to sell some corals you have.

Now if your selling 10 bounce shrooms at 3000 dollars each for a 30k sale vol, then thats a completely different story.

Looking for the spotlight: Do your fish notice the lighting in your reef tank?

• My fish seem to regularly respond to the lighting in my reef tank.

Votes: 77 76.2%
  • My fish seem to occasionally respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 11 10.9%
  • My fish seem to rarely respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 7 6.9%
  • My fish seem to never respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I don’t pay enough attention to my fish to notice if they respond to the lighting.

Votes: 2 2.0%
  • I don’t have any fish in my tank.

• Other.

Back