Need help with wavemaker

Aiptaisia anemone

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Apr 15, 2019
Messages
368
Reaction score
210
What state or country do you live in
Texas
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I jusr bought a hygger mini wavemaker for my pico reef cuz im using hob filter but its too powerful, im wondering if i can reduce its power by snapping off three of the propeller.
 
Im assuming your suggesting destruction of the propellers on your wave maker which to me is kind of crazy. Before destroying a perfectly good wavemaker why not buy a less powerful wave maker and resell yours as basically new?
 
I jusr bought a hygger mini wavemaker for my pico reef cuz im using hob filter but its too powerful, im wondering if i can reduce its power by snapping off three of the propeller.

I would not recommend removing any. Get a smaller less powerful wave maker, or a stronger HOB.

If you must, but I wouldn't. Keep in mind the following...Since it has 4 evenly spaced propellers, I would not take off more than 2, and they should be the ones opposite each other. You want to keep it as balanced as possible.

again though, don't do this. It's not going to reduce the flow like you think it will.
 
I actually did end up chopping off the fins evenly and it worked! And It doesn’t make loud noises
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 6 4.3%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 10 7.2%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 25 18.1%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 47 34.1%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 0.7%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 10 7.2%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 10 7.2%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 20 14.5%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 9 6.5%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new