Need Help with Xenia and Aneome

Lisa Cain

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My bubble rose anenome has been my pride an joy. However yesterday and today it is acting strange and beginning to move. It is normally huge. Could it be that my Xenia which is hughe is pushing him out of his corner. I am posting a picture of when it was happy and now. Should I prune the Xenia sho that he can go bsck to his orginal place? The last picture is when it was in its orginal place.
I appreciate any advice I can get. I am worried about the aneome. It also does not help that my skink shrip disapeared yesterday.

Also I cleaned my tank really well yesterday and water was a little cloudy and is still not crytal clear. Is that normal. I am having the 5 months blues.

32 gallon biocube
Water parameters good 0 amonia
chemipure
purifiltrum and filter that comes with biocube.

IMG_1034.JPG

IMG_1033.JPG

IMG_0946.JPG

Ludders

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
How long have you had the nem for? The Xenia wont push a nem out, the nem will sting everything that gets in its way with the exception of the clown fish.

Did you disturb anything in the aquarium or change any flow when cleaning?

This is more likely the cause of the nems behaviour. They are odd creatures and I always give mine space to do what ever they like.

OP
OP
L

Lisa Cain

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
How long have you had the nem for? The Xenia wont push a nem out, the nem will sting everything that gets in its way with the exception of the clown fish.

This is more likely the cause of the nems behaviour. They are odd creatures and I always give mine space to do what ever they like.
Thank you! for responding. I just trimmed the zenia thinking it is the reason why the anome moved. I have had him for about three months and he has been wonderful! See pictures below. I am just not used to it bein green looking and small. Will cutting the zenia poison the other corals?

IMG_0889 (1).JPG

IMG_0876.jpg

IMG_0882.JPG

OP
OP
L

Lisa Cain

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

The only think that I did was clean the water out in the back of the biocube, but it was already semi deflated. I have done nothing differently. However my skunk shrimp has dissappeared. I saw a shell with eyes, that was a day a go.

OP
OP
L

Lisa Cain

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The only think that I did was clean the water out in the back of the biocube . I normally only take out water from the main compartment but I wanted to clean the pump house. But it was already semi deflated. I have done nothing differently. However my skunk shrimp has dissappeared. I saw a shell with eyes, that was a day a go. I wonder if it ate the skunk cleaner shrimp.

Ludders

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thank you! for responding. I just trimmed the zenia thinking it is the reason why the anome moved. I have had him for about three months and he has been wonderful! See pictures below. I am just not used to it bein green looking and small. Will cutting the zenia poison the other corals?

IMG_0889 (1).JPG

IMG_0876.jpg

IMG_0882.JPG
No cutting the xenia wont do any harm at all.
Are these recent pictures?
What lighting do you have and are you feeding the nem anything?

Back