Need help!

Uncle99

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Cleaner shrimp 2 longfin clowns, a counch 4 nassarius snails 1 scarlet hermit crab and one trouchous snail nope just me
You show coralline algae on the glass so light can’t that that far out.

You don’t get to have any input on where your nems go. They will move until happy, so set the light for corals. It may take time but for every change you make, stuff will have to get used to it…..just leave them.

From a general view, 250-300 par top, 150-175 par mid, and 80-100 par bottom are reasonable if you can measure par.

Without knowing, it’s always better to underlight rather than over. Start where you are and increase 5% monthly and watch what corals are doing. Do they look full at peak period?

OP
OP
auditech17

auditech17

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

You don’t get to have any input on where your nems go. They will move until happy, so set the light for corals. It may take time but for every change you make, stuff will have to get used to it…..just leave them.

From a general view, 250-300 par top, 150-175 par mid, and 80-100 par bottom are reasonable if you can measure par.

Without knowing, it’s always better to underlight rather than over. Start where you are and increase 5% monthly and watch what corals are doing. Do they look full at peak period?
So last night when I turned the light to 40% intensity I walked in and looked and saw hammer opened a lot more as well as GSP

The one nem was on top of rock stretching for light and other was still up top near water line.

I still have wave maker off it’s been 2 days, is that ok?

OP
OP
auditech17

auditech17

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

So last night when I turned the light to 40% intensity I walked in and looked and saw hammer opened a lot more as well as GSP

The one nem was on top of rock stretching for light and other was still up top near water line.

I still have wave maker off it’s been 2 days, is that ok?

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    222.2 KB · Views: 17

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 31 16.0%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 11 5.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.5%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 25 12.9%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 114 58.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 12 6.2%
Back