Need help

  • Thread starter Thread starter littlefoxx
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

littlefoxx

10K Club member
View Badges
Joined
Dec 25, 2022
Messages
12,094
Reaction score
12,246
Location
Denver
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So long sorry short my 125 “crashed”. I had a sea cucumber get into the return pump somehow, shred himself and nuke the tank. I got my fish out, I have them in a temporary bucket. Im setting my 300 gallon up at the moment. Plan was to fill the tank with enough water to move them from the bucket to the tank until I get it all the way up and running. Well I tested my water, Ammonia was off the chart high. Im not understanding why. Ive used new sand and rock from my tank. Made brand new saltwater. I havnt put any bottled bacteria in at all and no ammonia source. So question is where is the ammonia coming from and why is it so high? Is it from the rock? Im just at a loss here and stressed cause all my fish are between a 32 biocube and a 40 gallon bucket and they are not happy. The whole thing is a mess. And to top it off our basement flooded from a backed up drain pipe… one thing after another!
 
So long sorry short my 125 “crashed”. I had a sea cucumber get into the return pump somehow, shred himself and nuke the tank. I got my fish out, I have them in a temporary bucket. Im setting my 300 gallon up at the moment. Plan was to fill the tank with enough water to move them from the bucket to the tank until I get it all the way up and running. Well I tested my water, Ammonia was off the chart high. Im not understanding why. Ive used new sand and rock from my tank. Made brand new saltwater. I havnt put any bottled bacteria in at all and no ammonia source. So question is where is the ammonia coming from and why is it so high? Is it from the rock? Im just at a loss here and stressed cause all my fish are between a 32 biocube and a 40 gallon bucket and they are not happy. The whole thing is a mess. And to top it off our basement flooded from a backed up drain pipe… one thing after another!
Ugh yikes!

If the rock is coming from your tank it’s possible that the ammonia is coming from the cucumber. Have you tried testing 24 hrs later to see whether the ammonia is gone

Good luck, this is such a stressful situation.
 
Ugh yikes!

If the rock is coming from your tank it’s possible that the ammonia is coming from the cucumber. Have you tried testing 24 hrs later to see whether the ammonia is gone

Good luck, this is such a stressful situation.
Yes I will test again, I just tested it at 7pm yesterday.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DO YOU USUALLY CHECK FIRST WHEN YOU LOOK AT YOUR REEF?

  • A particular fish I enjoy watching

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • The fish population—making sure everyone is accounted for

    Votes: 2 11.1%
  • Coral extension, color, or growth

    Votes: 8 44.4%
  • Recent additions or other changes

    Votes: 3 16.7%
  • Water clarity or the surface

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Equipment and water movement

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Signs of algae, pests, or trouble

    Votes: 1 5.6%
  • I just enjoy the whole scene

    Votes: 2 11.1%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 2 11.1%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new