Need help

  • Thread starter Thread starter littlefoxx
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

littlefoxx

10K Club member
View Badges
Joined
Dec 25, 2022
Messages
12,092
Reaction score
12,245
Location
Denver
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So as some of you know I posed about my cucumber nuking my tank. Well now Im having an issue with the live rock I moved to the 300, ammonia reading off the chart. It seems like all my rocks are just ammonia bombs so to speak. Im working on filling and cycling my 300 as I cant put fish with the ammonia readings. Problem is they all cant live in my 32 biocube I moved them to to get them out of my nuked tank. So can I convert my 125 into a bare tank? I dont think I can use any of my rocks in the tank as they all probably need to cure and cycle again. So question is can I empty and re set my 125 with no sand and maybe a few pieces of dry rocks and put my fish in for the month or so it takes to cycle the 300?
 
So as some of you know I posed about my cucumber nuking my tank. Well now Im having an issue with the live rock I moved to the 300, ammonia reading off the chart. It seems like all my rocks are just ammonia bombs so to speak. Im working on filling and cycling my 300 as I cant put fish with the ammonia readings. Problem is they all cant live in my 32 biocube I moved them to to get them out of my nuked tank. So can I convert my 125 into a bare tank? I dont think I can use any of my rocks in the tank as they all probably need to cure and cycle again. So question is can I empty and re set my 125 with no sand and maybe a few pieces of dry rocks and put my fish in for the month or so it takes to cycle the 300?
If the 300 is new, I don’t understand how the rocks from the nuked aquarium are generating so much ammonia. Can you describe what you did in more detail? What is the ammonia reading?

To deal with the ammonia, buy Fritz Turbo Start. If there really is ammonia present, you can just wait a few days to let it clear by the action of the live rocks or add the Turbo Start to speed up the ammonia removal.

If you want to use the 125 as a temporary hold tank, use Fritz Turbo Start to seed it with nitrifying bacteria, though maybe you can skip that if you can get the 300 running quickly.
 
If the 300 is new, I don’t understand how the rocks from the nuked aquarium are generating so much ammonia. Can you describe what you did in more detail? What is the ammonia reading?

To deal with the ammonia, buy Fritz Turbo Start. If there really is ammonia present, you can just wait a few days to let it clear by the action of the live rocks or add the Turbo Start to speed up the ammonia removal.

If you want to use the 125 as a temporary hold tank, use Fritz Turbo Start to seed it with nitrifying bacteria, though maybe you can skip that if you can get the 300 running quickly.
Yeah thats what Im also not understanding about the rocks either. And I dont remember the reading number, but it was dark blue color in the red sea test kit. Safe/0 is slightly yellow.

Basically what I did was remove all the rock into a bin with aquarium water to get the fish out. I then moved the rocks to the 300. Tested and all seemed fine but it wasnt. The fish reacted horribly and I went to look at my readings again and the ammonia was through the roof (maybe I didnt let the test develop long enough?). So I got the fish out and put them back in my bin and in the biocube. 3 fish passed in the bin and ammonia went through the roof again. These rocks have been cycled for a year and submerged and just moved to new saltwater. Im not understanding why all this ammonia is present wherever the rock is
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DOES YOUR REEFING AREA LOOK LIKE BETWEEN MAINTENANCE SESSIONS?

  • Clean and tidy—everything gets put away

    Votes: 12 36.4%
  • Mostly cleaned up, but a few tools stay out

    Votes: 9 27.3%
  • Organized chaos—I know where everything is

    Votes: 6 18.2%
  • Enter at your own risk! Buckets, hoses, and towels are basically permanent fixtures

    Votes: 3 9.1%
  • It depends on where I am in the maintenance cycle...

    Votes: 2 6.1%
  • The tsunami hit. Hard.

    Votes: 1 3.0%
  • A different take... (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new